Friday, March 8, 2013

Living a Fake Life

When I lived in Bangkok, I got swept up into a crazy lifestyle comparable only to what you see on TV shows, like the O.C. and Gossip Girl - complete with clubbing, partying with celebrities, drugs and alcohol.

It was a pretty fake life to live, though. See, I never really wanted that kind of lifestyle. It's just that, given the circumstances, I took what I was dealt and jumped into it with my then-YOLO mindset.

If you know anything about me today, though, then you should know how I'm the complete opposite of that person now. I find comfort in cross-stitching, reading books, watching movies, and cuddling with my boyfriend and my daughter; and my idea of fun is hanging out at a coffee shop or a restaurant with my closest friends until 3am - no alcohol (and definitely no drugs!) involved. Future-mother-in-law approved ang peg!

I definitely have a much sunnier disposition about life now, as well, which helps keep the former "need" for alcohol and drugs (and most of the time, even cigarettes) at bay! :)

Here's what I wore to our shopping spree at SM Southmall and to the movie screening of "Jack the Giant Slayer" last week:


denim shorts from Miss Sixty


maroon Geek t-shirt from Topshop
tortoise shell sunglasses from my dad's closet

I went completely crazy when I saw this shirt in Topshop!!! I originally saw it in Topman and actually contemplated getting it despite its huge fit, but I'm so glad I didn't. This was my first impulse buy in forever and it was so totally worth it.


suede sneaker wedges from Promod




Don't get me wrong. I still enjoy a good drink every now and then. I just don't go looking for it every two seconds anymore. :)

Also, I've realized that YOLO doesn't mean that you should be reckless and live your life without any worries whatsoever, but to appreciate each day and live it to the fullest. :)

6 comments:

  1. "YOLO doesn't mean that you should be reckless and live your life without any worries whatsoever, but to appreciate each day and live it to the fullest. :)" Amen!

    Oh, and I love the outfit, esp the shirt! :)


    HERSHEY NERI
    www.thediaryofateenagequeen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so glad that you're in a better disposition now :) i can feel the positivity angel! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a comfy outfit! cool and just relaxing to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know you're happier now. Everything happens for a reason. I hope you found out what yours was. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lakas maka good vibes ng post! loooooove it ♥
    Love your shirt Angel, sana meron pa akong makitang ganyan sa Topman.

    Michael Macalos
    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete