Tuesday, September 18, 2012

On Tattoos - Part 2: "Infinite"

As mentioned in my first tattoo blog post: I have three tattoos.

Unfortunately, I cannot show you tattoo number two because 1) its location is rated R :p and 2) P&P Tattoo messed it up so much, I'm embarrassed to show it to you. Lesson of the day: do not trust P&P Tattoo.

This is the primary reason why I didn't get another tattoo until I visited my hometown Bangkok again earlier this year. And so I bring to you the birth of tattoo number three.



Tattoo number three was born out of my nerdy side as opposed to my geeky side. "Perks of Being a Wallflower" is hands-down one of my favorite books ever.

Although I hate the ending and wish Stephen Chbosky had gone in a different direction with it, I love how real the book is in terms of friendship. I can relate with it on so many levels - from re-staging "Rocky Horror Picture Show" to the "One Winter" playlist to the drunken/crazy/high nights with friends - that I decided to get a tattoo that represents my favorite quote in the book:

"In that moment, I swear we were infinite."

See the complete look of this outfit here.

As with tattoo number one, tattoo number three was born in Mah Boon Krong (MBK) under the hands of P'Malakor. He didn't remember me because I had lost so much weight since he last saw me, but he was accommodating as always. I might actually get tattoo number two fixed next time I visit Bangkok. :)


I don't know about you, but I have specific moments in my life where I felt infinite and I felt the need to represent that with my tattoo.

The reason why the infinity sign on my tattoo isn't closed is because I tend to let myself get lost in infinite moments and immerse myself in them completely. That's kind of what I wanted to represent here.

As for the three dots sheltered inside the infinity sign... Well, book-wise, that would be Sam, Patrick and Charlie, of course. But in my own life, they represent different people at different times.

The funny thing about my infinite moments is that they always involve three people. Always. Is that just me? Think back on your own infinite moments and let me know if that's the case with you, too. :)

See the complete look of this outfit here.

Estel is still my favorite tattoo coz I get to look at it anytime I want to, but I absolutely love this one, as well. What do you think? :)

And who else here is excited to see "Perks of Being a Wallflower" on the big screen? I cry every friggin' time I watch the trailer - no exaggerations. That's how much of a nerd/loser I am. Next week can't come any sooner. I hope that when I watch it, I'll feel infinite.

7 comments:

  1. your tattoo looks great. simple but beautiful. i love it when people have meaningful tattoos. some just for decors i think. I don't know maybe in the future I might have one. Sad about the misfortune of your 2nd one. Is it really so messed up? That's just bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the tattoo :0 my ate also had her tattoo at the back na dragon .. cool astig lang tingnn just like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve learn some excellent stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much attempt you place to make this sort of great informative site. inkeeze

    ReplyDelete
  4. The infinite tattoo has a huge mystery behind it. Once I visited the tattoo maker online and asked him about infinite tattoo design, he told me everything and I got an infinte design tattoo on my back of the neck.

    ReplyDelete