Thursday, February 16, 2012

Have You Heard of "Oz: The Great and Powerful"?

Who didn't love "The Wizard of Oz" as a child? And who doesn't still love it now? Seriously.

What's not to love about Dorothy, Toto, the Tin Man, the Lion, the Scarecrow and the wonderful spin-off "Wicked"?

And who can forget that horrible poppy field and those dreadful flying monkeys and a witch melting just coz of water?

Well, in case you haven't heard yet, there's a new Oz film in the making. That's right. And guess who's starring in it!!!


 MY LOVER JAMES FRANCO!!! as Oscar Diggs - the Wizard of Oz himself
Photo taken from Perez Hilton.


Mila Kunis as Theodora - the Wicked Witch of the West
Photo taken from Movieweb.


Rachel Weisz as Evanora - the Wicked Witch of the East
Photo taken from Filmofilia.


Michelle Williams as Glinda - the Good Witch of the North
Photo taken from I Watch Stuff.

AMAZING cast, if I may say so myself. In a nutshell, "Oz: The Great and Powerful" is a prequel to "The Wizard of Oz" and revolves around how Oscar Diggs became the wonderful Wizard of Oz himself. The film is set to be released in Spring 2013.

And I am sooo excited!!! Did I mention that Sam Raimi will be directing it? O. M. G. I think I am more excited about this than I am for "The Great Gatsby" now... if that's even possible. What do you think of the cast and the idea for the movie? Good move? Bad move? Share your thoughts! :)

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for the comment in my blog and I can't wait for this movie! I love Rachel Weisz and well, I'm just really excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGGGG SERIOUSLY??? what an amazing cast!!!! aaaahhh definitely looking forward to this!!!!! (sorry about all the exclamation points hahaha)


    Gela
    boat ride through the sky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I will surely watch this! Thanks for this post.
    Saya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Wizard of Oz! I loved it when I saw the movie but I LOVED it even more when I was casted in my school play for it! That's definitely an amazing cast list! I will definitely be seeing it! Nice post hun! Thanks for the info! :)
    LB
    x0x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never had the chance of reading the whole story of Wizard of Oz. But with Mila Kunis in the upcoming movie, might as well read it. :)


    http://iifatree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT!? I am pumped too! I had no idea this was happening. So exciting!

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this yet! I'll watch out for this! Hope you got the detachable collar :)]

    www.hautepot.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know that they're making a new movie...can't wait for this one! I have to watch this! hihihi :) Hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waao wonder woman rises is quite awesome and impressive title. thanks for sharing such nice and beautiful method of writing. Pinoytvtambayanreplay.com

    ReplyDelete