Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Baz Luhrmann Does "The Great Gatsby"

I know my blog has been dead recently. I've been lazy and in 'holiday mode', but please bear with me. I will deal with those backlogs eventually - I promise.

For now, though, let me just ask: who here doesn't love Baz Luhrmann? He had me at "Romeo and Juliet", but when "Moulin Rouge" came out? Oh. My. God. Words can't even describe how much I loved that movie. And now... Now he brings two of the best things in the world - that is, Leonardo DiCaprio and one of the most classic novels in the history of forced high school reading material - into one movie that is sure to make me wear a flapper dress, cut my hair into a bob and drink cocktails before watching: "The Great Gatsby".



To say that the first two "The Great Gatsby" movies were epic fails is a complete understatement, so I can't wait to see what Baz has to offer in this department.

Aside from Leo as Jay Gatsby, the movie also stars Carey Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan and Tobey Maguire as Nick Carraway. I'm not a big fan of Tobey Maguire; but hey, if Baz says he fits the role, I believe he will fit the role.

All photos courtesy of FirstShowing.net

To get a lil taste of the Gatsby world, you can also try to watch "Midnight in Paris" before this. (Read my review on that here.)

Now to find my tattered copy of "The Great Gatsby" and read it over and over again. Who else is excited about this? :) Up for wearing a flapper dress and don short wigs and drink cocktails before it shows? Say "I"! :D

11 comments:

  1. You are so good wth wordsl! Cute blog :)
    Definitely follow you.
    What about follow each other?:)

    Http://chuchu-chulala.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for the movie!


    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really great movie!
    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I love the Great Gatsby - dying to see this!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it!!
    kisses pretty and happy xmas=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I :D
    Cool post as always. so usefull :))

    dark--passion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Carey Mulligan so I want to see that movie!
    xxx
    Miss Starshiny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard Carey Mulligan cried when she got since it's been her dream to be part of this movie :) I guess that DOES say a lot about Baz Luhrman. I do hope he gives F. Scott-Fitzgerald justice :)

    www.hautepot.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see this movie! Cool blog :)

    Kisses! xxx

    http://ilikeyourears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete