Friday, February 3, 2012

EMO Jewelry: Steel + Style

Have you heard of EMO Jewelry? The first time I saw the EMO store was actually in the Mall of Asia about a year ago. I remember giggling at the name and BBM-ing a picture of the store to my "emo" friend back in Bangkok.

I think the problem there was that I associated the word "emo" with people who scried (screamed + cried) while listening to Dashboard Confessional and who had bangs so long that they covered their faces and you wondered whether they could even still see through their hair or not.

That's why I was happy when Keigh Jalbuena invited me as her plus one for the EMO event last week. It was my chance to learn more about the brand and the brand name - something I had been itching to do since I first saw the store to begin with.


The event was held at Cafe 1771 in Ortigas Center and, of course, Keigh and I were some of the earlier ones there. Always an early bird! :)

I absolutely loved the interior of Cafe 1771. It's what I dream for my apartment to look like one day.

Gotta love this picture! Very Ferris Bueller, don't you think? :D

Spotted on the right: Earth Rullan of Earthlingorgeous!

Keigh epitomizing a good blogger!

Before the event proper and while waiting for the other bloggers to arrive, I was able to ogle over the jewelry on the table that you see above. And these were my top picks:





As you can see, I am absolutely in love with their chokers. After all, I am Wonder Woman and with that as my peg, how couldn't I be? ;) 


And that cuff!!! EYEGASM GALORE!!! It took absolute willpower not to whip out my credit card and buy all of them, I'm telling you.

Anyway, another great thing about this event is that I was able to see all of my beautiful fellow bloggers again! It had been so long. I was in Bangkok for almost a month prior to this, so please excuse how I look in these photos... I gained 4kg there. Sigh.

The TRIO: Ava Te of Artsy Fartsy Ava, Keigh and me.
Please support us at BLISS tomorrow! :) EMO Jewelry will actually be providing some of the jewelry that we will be using in the fashion show, as well.

With Arnie Villanueva of Raid My Closet and her friend Gia.



(right) The beautiful Decena sisters.

She'll be launching her very own line soon btw!!! So exciting!!! :) Please support her when the time comes. I know I will. I actually already ordered a skirt from her. Hehe.

Once everyone was settled down and full from the delicious buffet, Sidney Ang told us all about EMO Jewelry and what sets it apart from other jewelry companies out there.

It turns out that his sister was "emo" once upon a time, and the name just stuck. However, he also reminded us that "emo" is actually short for "emotional" - something that women tend to become when they see jewelry that they like... So true!


As for what sets EMO apart from other jewelry companies out there, here is a breakdown for you:

1. It is hypoallergenic.

I don't know about you, but some jewelry pieces make my neck and ears itch like crazy and then I cry a lil bit inside and never use them again. Well, you won't have that problem with EMO. Since all of EMO's jewelry is made out of stainless steel, you can be sure that you will never experience an allergic reaction when you wear them.

2. It looks like real gold and real silver.

This was actually proven to us at the event itself. Along with two other bloggers, I stood there in front of everyone trying to figure out which of the necklaces shown to us were white gold, silver or stainless steel. They all looked pretty real to me, to be honest, but they were actually all made out of stainless steel! Mind. Blown.

3. It doesn't become dull.

No matter how much time goes by, EMO jewelry will never become dull. That's right. Since it is harder than most metals, it keeps its polished luster and will therefore always look amazing.

Most importantly, however: Magneto won't be able to manipulate you through EMO Jewelry. I'm not even joking. Before leaving the event, Sidney explained to us that fake stainless steel will stick to magnets, while real stainless steel - i.e. EMO jewelry - will not. How friggin' awesome is that? Who wouldn't want immunity from Magneto?!? Unless, of course, you're wearing braces... then you're pretty screwed. Sorry, Yna. :p

Before leaving, I was also given this beautiful trinket from EMO Jewelry:

Yes, that is a black boot necklace. How me is that? :)

So... do you want some EMO jewelry of your own now? Then I've got good news for you! Every time you shop at the EMO Jewelry website, you can get 10% off of your purchase just by typing this discount code into the discount box before checkout: ANG099. Easy peasy! And the delivery will only take 1-2 days! Remember: this discount is only applicable if you buy their pieces online, though, so get to it! :)

EMO Jewelry outlets can also be found in SM Megamall, SM North Edsa, SM Mall of Asia and Festival Mall. You can also like their Facebook page here. Happy shopping! :)

31 comments:

  1. The interior really looks nice. And the necklaces look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really thanks sweet! :)
    Awesome jewelry! :o

    santosliliana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was used to be an emo, so i love all those kind of things :) Great post

    Brigita rando
    dark--passion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in LOVE with the one you were gifted!Please arrange a giveaway and GIVE IT AWAY!:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on my blog :) Those are some pretty AWESOME chokers if you ask me... If you like we could follow each other?
    xoxo V

    rdy4wknd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pieces. So sad we don't have any branch in ilocos yet:((

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some lovely chokers hun! I LOVE chokers as well Nice post and cute pics! :)
    Thank you so much for your comment love! I appreciate it! I will be working on the 1920's one soon so look out for it!
    Follow me and I will follow you back!? :)
    LB
    x0x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i seems that you had good time!! =)
    i follow you!!
    kisses

    maitane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved their jewellery! They have some really nice pieces!
    Thank you so much for commenting on my blog!

    Call me M @ Do You Speak Gossip?

    ReplyDelete
  10. when you said "EMO" being a brand for jewelries, I was thinking about large spiked silver ones, crosses, and the likes

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like a great time! love those chokers!

    http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for your comment honey! I appreciate it! And yes, I did it. It took me a while to do it but it's finally done! Bobs are AMAZING! And it's true, not everyone can pull one off. I can't either, I don't think. LOL! :)
    P.S. you still aren't listed as one of my followers yet.
    LB
    x0x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked! Yay! You are a genius! I am following you now! Thank you so much love! :)
      LB
      x0x0x0x

      Delete
  13. instagram is really amazing, I think you should :)

    Sara,
    xoxo

    sparkle-bomb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute pictures!! thank you for your comment <33

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, awesome jewelry! That cuff is AMAZING. Looks like a great event and I can see why you want your apartment to look like that!!
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are some really beautiful pieces! I love the bangle too - it's my favorite out of the bunch. I like how the jewelry designs are all very simple, but look so elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! Jewerlly <3

    I invite you to
    http://fashion-whoknow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. These jewelry pieces are GORGEOUS. I love anything shiny.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Keigh epitomizing a good blogger!" - major epic! Love it! Love ko din yung photo natin kasi even the background (Keigh) was smiling din, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have seen the Emo outlet at MOA and the interior is really beautiful especially that one in Ortigas and I had been also wondering why they named it Emo. The first time I saw the store, I was struck because I am an emo myself and my husband had been teasing me and pointing the store to me.:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am grateful for this blog to distribute knowledge about this significant topic. Here I found different segments and now I am going to use these new instructions with new enthusiasm.
    สตั๊ดอาดิดาส x

    ReplyDelete
  22. One of the best features of stainless steel jewelry is it does not tarnish. If you have silver jewelry, you know that when it gets in contact with oxygen, it tarnishes quite quickly. connexion Republic

    ReplyDelete
  23. gclubsuper88
    gclubsuper88 เว็บเกมออนไลน์ คาสิโนออนไลน์ ที่ดีที่สุดในตลาด
    ยินดีต้อนรับสมาชิกทุกท่านเข้าสู่เว็บเกมออนไลน์ gclubsuper88
    เว็บที่ได้รับการยอมรับว่าดีที่สุด เว็บเราเปิดให้บริการคาสิโนออนไลน์แบบครบวงจรที่สุด เช่น เกมส์สล็อตออนไลน์จากหลากหลายค่าย
    เกมบาคาร่า เสือมังกร รูเล็ต ไฮโล กำถั่ว กงล้อ แทงบอลออนไลน์ ยิงปลา เกมส์เกม เกมขูดบัตร ฯลฯ พร้อมการให้บริการที่ยืน 1 ในไทย
    gclubsuper88


    ReplyDelete
  24. Click Here u9n76m4b36 Ysl replica bags replica bags nyc o5e85q5z13 reference u1l42x1z11 replica gucci handbags replica bags thailand click this site l4a96e8y52 replica louis vuitton replica bags philippines wholesale p0k98r1t07

    ReplyDelete