Monday, December 26, 2011

Laura Mercier Beauty Workshop

Finally working on my backlogs. Be proud. :p

Sometime last month, Sarah Tirona of Ms. Eggplant's Chronicles invited me to another Laura Mercier workshop at SM Makati - this time at East Cafe.

If you have been following my blog for a while, then you should know that I attended the Laura Mercier Flawless Face workshop led by Jeffrey Tasker in October, as well.

As always, I was an early bird at the event, though, and the first thing that greeted me when I sat down was this awesome scented candle that I instantly fell in love with:

Love at first sight smell!
Will be writing a separate blog post on this.

Unlike the Jeffrey Tasker workshop, though, we had a more intimate crowd of bloggers this time around. And intimate crowds are always better than huge crowds, in my opinion. :)

The pretty girls at my table.


(left) My dream dresser.
(right) The amazing products of Laura Mercier.

The model of the night was none other than the woman who invited us all to this great event, Sarah Tirona. And the makeup artist was the very cute Qua, whom "certain bloggers" couldn't get enough of. ;) Hehehe. Sayang talaga siya!


Qua taught us some very helpful tips on how to apply makeup, such as how we should dab on our foundation and concealer very lightly instead of spreading it around. Like Jeffrey Tasker, Qua was also very funny and kept us all in giggles. I think that's what I love the most about Laura Mercier's makeup artists: their ability to keep everybody in good spirits. :)


Then came my favorite part: the food!!! I love the food at East Cafe. In my opinion, they have some of the best and most eclectic Asian cuisine in Manila (that I've tasted so far anyway).

Gyoza, spring rolls, complicated noodles and sushi galore. I loved the spicy ones best, though. I spent my best years in Bangkok, after all.

And speaking of Bangkok, phad thai! Oh yes!

After the food came, Kiss Kiss unfortunately ran out of battery, so I had to steal the rest of the pictures below from other bloggers (I don't remember who I stole all of them from, so please let me know if any of these pics are yours, so I can give you credit as needed :)

The early birds.

(left) My outfit of the day - outfit post another time!
(right) With Jen Maslang of Shopgirl Jen and my candle!

With the rest of the girls.

After the makeup workshop, we were also treated to an exclusive walkthrough around the perfume area of Rustan's. Will also be writing a separate post on that. :)


After that, I needed my caffeine fix, so some of us headed over to Starbucks. And look at the tiny taster cups! Aren't they awesome? I completely forgot to take one of those tiny cups home, though. :( I would've totally used them as shot glasses.


Thank you so much, Sarah, for this experience and to Laura Mercier for having me once again. :)

10 comments:

  1. wow! food and makeup galore with awesome girls! ^_^

    love the shoes btw. :)
    xoxo,

    Iya

    http://prettylittlepetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww I suddenly missed you girls more!!! :( Love this post!

    Join my STYLE HUB, SIMONE'S CLOSET, TRENDPHILE MANILA GIVEAWAY!
    Join my LOVE FOR ACCESSORIES AND BAGS GIVEAWAY!
    Join my NYX COSMETICS GIVEAWAY!

    Xoxo,
    Arnie
    http://arnievillanueva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so nice.. I haven't tried any products from Laura Mercier yet, but I heard (and read) that they have super great makeup products! Anyway, merry Christmas sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food got me hungry!! I want sushi! :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks like an awesome event! seeing you girls together and in a laura mercier workshop no less. jealous!

    miss ava, belle and sarah tremendously! hope i met you too when i was in manila.. next time then!


    happy holidays, love:)


    xx
    eden

    ReplyDelete
  6. the candle just mesmerized me.. can't explain but it seemed somehow it speaks to me when I saW IT..WEIRD din?:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. huwaw! you seem to had fun ha! :) i wish i could have been invited too, mahilig ako sa makeup!!! i have tons if you'd visit my blog hehehe. and the last blogging event i attended was the blogger's conference with bb joyce bernal :) hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. like!!miss u angel!hope all is well!smell mo lng un candle if ur feeling low!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. He he he, Akala ko po kung ano na yung sinasabi mong SAYANG. Cute nga nya, and very talented!
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete