Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Laura Mercier Flawless Face Workshop

Last Friday, Laura Mercier held a Flawless Face workshop at Rustan's Makati. Actually, when I heard that Jeffrey Tasker (renowned makeup artist for Vogue, Instyle, and Sex and the City) was going to give professional makeup tips to the participants, I signed up right away - and brought fellow blogger Mars Reyes from Fashion Insouciance with me. :) (If you don't remember, I actually won one of her giveaways before.)

We met at UCC Cafe for some coffee before the workshop. And, well, I only have one thing to say about that place: don't waste your money on their "Japanese specialty", Kori Coffee. Lol.


Anyway, at 5:30 on the dot, we decided to head downstairs for the workshop and, boy, was it packed with women!


We ended up having to sit in the back with a bad view but that didn't stop us from laughing at Jeffrey Tasker's jokes and learning more about Laura Mercier's Flawless Face and new Canyon Collection.


He was hilarious! LOVED him!

Teaching us some beauty tricks

All done!

Pretty, huh?

The top 3 products that really caught my attention:


The Undercover Pot

It's tiny. It's cute. And it combines two of the Flawless Face steps in one. Can you say 'flawless and convenient touch-ups galore'?

The Eyelash Curler

AKA the cutest eyelash curler in the world! Not only is it super small, but the extra rubber bit for the curler is attached to the bottom, so you'll never lose it - ever.

The Fan Powder Brush

Jeffrey described this as "The Photoshop of Brushes". I was SOLD.

Aside from that, Jeffrey Tasker also taught us the secrets to applying concealer flawlessly, to blending eyeshadow flawlessly and to attracting single guys with ease. Want to find out all of those secrets? Then you should have joined the workshop. ;) Haha.

We also got to try out their line of body butter. Although they definitely made my skin smoother and were great moisturizers, I wasn't a big fan of the scents. You might be, though. There were four different ones: almond coconut milk, creme brulee, creme de pistache and fresh fig.

(All LM product photos taken from Laura Mercier's official website.)

After the workshop, Jeffrey gamely posed with all of the participants at the photo booth set up by Baicapture:




Charlie's Angels? Lol!


Me and Mars

Outfit post another time!

Look who else I spotted at the Baicapture website:

Kei from Kei's Lifestyle Closet! Haha!

As participants, we were also given a special 10% discount on Laura Mercier items, but I didn't buy anything... :(

Yes, I kind of regret it now, but I was in a hurry to meet up with the beauty bloggers at Il Mercanti. More on that in another post! :)

If you want to join a beauty workshop, too, and love Majolica Majorca cosmetics, then let me know. There's a Majolica Majorca workshop on Sunday, October 30 that I'm going to. Wanna come? :)

9 comments:

  1. Hello Angel! I just followed your blog.

    Haha You found me! I agree - Jeffrey Tasker is high-larious.

    It was great to meet you, and of course... I loved your shoes!

    Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fun <3 Love the yellow shoes by the way :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angel :D I'd love to go with you but I'm not sure of my schedule pa for the "holidays" :| huhu. I like the way you write and I love the pastel colors of your top <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your yellow pumps, Angel! :)
    If ever I'm free on the 30th, I'd love to tag along with you (and prolly bring my sister who's obsessed with make up!). <3 Hihi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this was a nice event, i hope can go too someday :)
    and may i just say that you rocked those yellow pumps! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a funny event, isn't it?Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  7. you guys look cute on the charlies angels photo hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. he is so adorable noh? thanks for dropping by :)


    WIN a BAG, SHOES and CHOCOLATES! Join my Paisley CLothing halloween GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete