Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Good in Goodbye

Due to recent events, I've been thinking a lot about goodbyes recently. Since I'm an "international kid", I've been surrounded with more goodbyes than most kids out there. After all, my friends always relocated and, every one or two years, I had to say goodbye to countries, friends and boyfriends because I was relocating myself.

Suffice to say, I used to associate goodbyes with bad things because they always plagued my mind with the worst thoughts, like "When will I see them again?" "Will I ever see them again?" "I can't believe I'll never see them again!" or even "I wish we didn't have to break up." :p

Before I tell you about the lesson I learned about goodbyes this week, though, here is a quick outfit post of a very, very lazy day spent in BF with the boyfie:


red leather pants from Cotton On
brown suede boots from CLN


Don't judge me, but yes, this is how I dress when Gerd comes over and we bum around BF on a lazy day. A shirt. Pants. Comfy shoes. Messy hair. No makeup. No accessories. And a cover-up, in case we end up going to an ultra cold coffee place.


Starbucks shirt - gift from Gerd
(coz he knows how much I love Starbucks!)
camo cover-up from Copper


sheer orange sunglasses from Bangkok

Nothing too special in this outfit post, I'm afraid, but the good news is that I learned something this week: that there can be a good in goodbye. :)

Saying goodbye to a friendship or relationship gone fake or wrong, for example, is one of the most liberating kinds of goodbyes in the world.

Saying goodbye to a lazy and unhealthy lifestyle is another kind of great goodbye.

The same goes for saying goodbye to debt, resentment and anger - all of which can eat you up slowly but surely.

This month, I hope everyone gets to experience the good kind of goodbye that I'm talking about here, whether it's saying goodbye to a bad vice or to someone who will never feel the same about you. You definitely won't regret it. Trust me. :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh I trust you on that one. Goodbyes are sad but sometimes it is nice to have a new life.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Starbucks shirt! I want to get one too. :)

    Yeah, there's always a good in goodbye. We may not realize it immediately, but there really is. :)


    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chineck ko agad itong post! Haha oo nga noh :D See you on Wednesday! #goodvibes

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post. I will be having to say a few good bye this month. You outfit is prefect for a lazy day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your outfit. Love your blog and the way you write. Congratulations and good luck on your future trips.

    www.101FashionStreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you know that you can create short links with AdFocus and earn $$$$$$ for every click on your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete