Sunday, January 6, 2013

Movie Review: Pitch Perfect

To be perfectly honest, the only reason why I watched "Pitch Perfect" is because a lot of my friends were talking about it on Twitter and I wanted to be able to relate. (Yes, when it comes to movies, I'm a total sheep. *baaaaah*)


via IMDB

I'm really glad I did, though.

Even if you aren't much for musicals, you will still find "Pitch Perfect" entertaining. Why?

Well, for starters, there's Fat Amy. I don't think words can really describe how epic she is. She makes this movie. She has the best lines in it and she is downright hilarious. Then again, she always has been. I think she was the only good thing about "Ghost Rider" (remember that "movie"?).


via Hark

Secondly, it is witty, in general. Not just with the terms that the acapella groups use like "pitch slapped" and "aca-scuse me", but as a whole. Think "Easy A".

Thirdly, Anna Kendrick has never done a bad movie in her life. #fact (The "Twilight" movies don't count.) Although this obviously isn't anywhere near her best work, I enjoyed learning that she can actually sing.



Anna Kendrick still has my vote to be Ana in the "50 Shades of Grey" movie, by the way. Make it happen, Hollywood!

Fourth of all, the cast, in general, is perfect. From Fat Amy to Anna Kendrick to the Treblemakers to the Barden Bellas, there was no mis-cast actor or actress. And who doesn't love a perfect cast?



And, of course, there's Skylar Astin - a newbie in the world of movies, musicals and rom coms. He stole my heart with his movie geekiness and wit in "Pitch Perfect" so much that I actually drafted a blogpost dedicated to him alone. Wait for it.





Admittedly, the movie isn't for everyone. In fact, as a whole, I have to admit I thought the character development was lacking and everything was predictable and seemed a bit rushed. But hey, give me a healthy dose of Skylar Astin and good music without having to watch "Glee" any day! :)

A feel-good movie worth seeing at home.
3.5 stars out of 5.

12 comments:

  1. I liked this movie too! I was a bit hesitant at first but I love Ana Kendrick so I watched it. And yes, Fat Amy totally stole the show. She is high-larious! :)

    Nix

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this movie! Anna Kendrick is into theater/Boradway so that's why she can sing. And Skylar Astin is a theater actor too. And I really like the fact that they didn't bring in super big time Hollywood actors just so they could earn more money. But they did earn lots of money. For a movie with 17 million dollars for a budget, they earned 76 million dollars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched this in theaters. I was kinda disappointed not seeing lots of people in the movie house because this was just limited to Robinsons movieworld. And maybe kasi the Robinsons mall that i watched it in is not that popular anymore. I was basically alone in the cinema! Scary! And now that it's kinda popular, pirated na lang siya HAHA I have lots of posts dedicated to Pitch Perfect on my tumblr account btw

    http://geloyellow.tumblr.com/tagged/Pitch-Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL i commented too much :)) I just love this movie so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed the movie! Fat Amy is such a character! :) I haven't gotten tired of watching it over and over. I've seen it 3x now.

    ♥ Megann of Style Surgery

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOOOOOOOOVE LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been seeing and hearing a lot about this too. hmmm..I hope I can findthe time to watch this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Watched it the other day too because my dad said he liked it. He kept on saying aca-scuse me, I just had to watch the movie to be able to relate. Hahaha. I only knew Anna Kendrick from Twilight, but I fell in love with her after seeing this photo: http://www.pawsandkisses.net/images/2010oscars/oscars_annakendrick002.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked this movie too! Even my dad watched with us and he liked it also! :)


    http://www.dekaphobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've watched this too as my officemate forced me haha, well same here it's a predictable, feel good movie not that uber uber great as the hype but it's ok, perfect casting -agree! and oh I also like Jesse! apir!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am pretty confident that it is going to be the surprise box office hit of the fall and it is so much better than the films that it is bound to be compared to like Mean Girls, Bring it On, and even Bridesmaids. Watch movie at https://365movies.is/movies/pitch-perfect-2-04205.html
    Don't forget to click m4ufree to update the new movie
    See more:
    solarmovie the flash
    hercules putlocker

    ReplyDelete