Sunday, December 9, 2012

Mega2Mega: A Mega Collaboration of Two Fashion Giants

A couple of months ago, I was invited to a grand event called Mega2Mega, where two fashion giants came together to feature a grand fashion show.

In a nutshell, the clothes and accessories used in the fashion show all came from SM Megamall, while the styling of the fashion show was done by the editorial team of Mega Magazine.


The show was hosted by Issa Litton and Tim Yap...


...but I couldn't take my eyes off of Tim Yap's shoes. :p
Studs and spikes FTW!

The first set of the fashion show was styled by Mega Magazine's Beauty Editor Kim Palanca and the clothes were by Forever 21 - one of my favorite stores ever!


She focused on simple earth-toned looks for the guys.


And dainty collared outfits for the girls.

Next up was the bright and colorful set styled by Mega Magazine's Deputy Editor Meryll Yan, courtesy of Promod:

 

I never saw myself as a bright and colorful gal, so I wasn't sure how to react when I won a Php5,000 gift certificate from Promod. Of course, I was ecstatic, but after seeing the set, I thought they only had colorful items to offer. Well, I went shopping there yesterday and I have to say: everyone will find something to buy there that will suit their personal tastes. Trust me.

Suki Salvador, Mega Magazine's Executive Creative Director styled the segment for Cotton On, one of the most recent additions to my favorite clothing brands of all time:


I loved the creative layering for the girls. 


And the jock look for the guys.

But, oh hey, who's this?!??



One of my good friends and fellow blogger, Hezzy, got to walk the runway for Cotton On that day. We were sooo proud. Well, at least I know I was. That explains the crappy photos. I was so excited, I couldn't focus properly. :p

Anyway, back to show... Mega Magazine's Fashion Editor, Patrick Galang, styled the segment for Mango, the store that I would frequent the most if I had the funds to do so :p


Loving the maroon and black color scheme that he used for the show. Very classy and well put together.


AND THIS IS MY DREAM COVER-UP.
I NEED TO HAVE THIS IN MY LIFE.
PLEASE PUT IT ON SALE, MANGO.
PLEASE.

Aaaaaand before I wrap things up, here's more of Hezzy:


Yihee! :D



Congratulations to the Mega2Mega team on the successful event! :)

Thank you so much for having us!

4 comments:

  1. Fab event!

    Vanessa

    http://thepinkmateproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you..you must have that tweed jacket! I've seen in mango which comes in 3 or 4 colors i think..such an staple and good wardbe investment:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice fashion event c:
    the collection looks very
    trendy and colorful! I agree
    about the hosts and their
    shoes, very amazing stud
    shoes!

    xx

    ReplyDelete