Sunday, December 30, 2012

Lookbook.nu Look: Thank You.

2012 is ending and, boy, has it been a fast yet memorable year. Despite the fact that I overused my credit card, made stupid mistakes in Bangkok, cried a lot over a guy who wasn't worth my tears, lost a lot of friends, did a few things that I truly regret, moved back into my parents' house, and broke off all contact with the babydaddy for good, I can say that 2012 is one of the most cherished years of my life.

The list I mentioned above may all sound negative at first glance, but I learned so many new lessons in 2012 because of them. Let me share those lessons with you throughout this outfit post (all photos by Gerd Perez):


black leather zipper bag from Jimmy Choo

I am thankful that I overused my credit card because I now have a New Year's resolution to fulfill and a goal to finish to make my dad proud and to prove to him how committed I can be.




black shimmer top from Forever 21

I am thankful that I made stupid mistakes in Bangkok and cried a lot over a guy who wasn't worth my tears because I ended up being a lot pickier in terms of relationships. Now, I am finally with a guy who is perfect for me in every way.


black ruffled pants from Penshoppe
black Prada-inspired sunglasses from House of Luxe

I am thankful that I lost a lot of friends along the way because it helped me differentiate true friends from fake friends and I am now blessed with the greatest friends in the world - ones who will never doubt me, who will never talk shit behind my back and who will never use other people for fame or recognition.



black studded headband from Supersale Bazaar

I am thankful that I did a few things that I truly regret because it made me re-evaluate my morals and my life, in general.

I am even thankful that I moved back into my parents' house and broke off all contact with the babydaddy for good because I will now be able to focus on saving more money and raising my daughter the way she deserves to be raised.



black studded boots from S&H
black 2013 planner from Starbucks

So, there you have it: proof that every dark cloud has a silver lining and that every emo girl actually has a positive side to her. :p


This 2013, let's not aim for change, but for becoming a better person overall. I'm blessed, thankful and so happy that I am starting 2013 on a good note: with great friends, supportive family members, and the best boyfriend in the world by my side.


Here's to nothing but positive vibes this 2013! :)
*clink*
Happy New Year!

15 comments:

  1. i always love reading your posts (and tweets). Your blog posts have the most sensible content among the fashion bloggers I know...this one tops the bill. Have a happy...er grandest New Year dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww very inspiring blog post! kaya nga favorite ko nagbabasa ng blog mo eh :))
    Happy New Year Angel!! more great opportunities and happiness this 2013 ^__^.



    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ay meron pa pala, hehhe ayun I'm very happy that I met you this year hihihihi :)
      (di lang halata :))) ) mwaaaaaaah!!

      God bless girl!

      Delete
  3. I love how happy you are Angel and it really shows! Happy New Year to you and your family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit, urban and cool. Happy New Year to you, hopefully no drama in 2013! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice that you are able to find good things in the bad. Based from experience, that is not so easy to do. You seem so inlove in your posts of late, so cute! And great boots, too! :)

    http://sisasaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete