Saturday, December 22, 2012

Baguio Chronicles 2012: Day Two

After our first day in Baguio, which started pretty late due to the fact that Gerd and I love to sleep in :p we woke up earlier the following day to make the most out of our last day there.

Initially, Gerd wanted to take his first outfit shot on the roof of Royal Residences, but it turns out someone was living there (I know. WTF, right?), so this test shot is the only photo we have of being on the roof... Epic fail!


Gotta love my bagong gising face and wet hair!

Since the boys were still greatly overwhelmed by the cheapness of the 50's Diner and I was still literally daydreaming about the pancakes that Dave had had there the day before, we ended up having breakfast there again. :p


It was much emptier this time around, so we practically had the whole place to ourselves. Yayuhhh!


Still in bagong gising mode with no caffeine in my system.


Dave doing the twist by the jukebox :p


Camwhoring with our milkshakes while waiting for the food.


How much is that doggy in the window? Arf! Arf!


Major food overload!!! Yummehhh!!!

After that, we decided to explore and do as the tourists do in the city of pines. Stop number one: boating at Burnham Park!


Dave was clearly a noob. He tried to pay the dude Php100 per head for the boat ride when it was actually Php100 per boat. :p Reminded me of his pa-English vibes at the ukay place. :p


Since the pedal boats cost more than the row boats and since we were being very adventurous that morning, we got a row boat. Unfortunately, I had no idea that the boys didn't know how to row yet. LOL. This fact turned our boat ride into the most epic 30 minutes of our trip. Seriously. You had to be there.


Another reason for the epic-ness: Swan the Babe. #insidejoke

After that, we decided to see what else Burnham Park had to offer, which brought us to stop number two: biking at Burnham Park!


Gotta love our pink bikes!

I was also a very happy kid coz I ended up finding cheese-flavored dirty ice cream there! My ultimate fave! :D

After that, it was outfit shot time, so we headed to the best place for pretty green backgrounds: Camp John Hay.


When I was pregnant and living in Baguio, I used to hide out at Camp John Hay to just stare at the trees and breathe. Everything was so serene there, which is partly the reason why I decided to name my daughter Syrena.

So, imagine my surprise when I found out that Ayala had built a mini-mall there a couple of years ago. I wanted to piss on all of the buildings!!! So annoying!!!


My company for the trip: Dave and Gerd :)
Will post my outfit shot and our couple shots of this day next!

Since we were already in Camp John Hay and still in adventurous mode, we walked all the way to Choco-Late de Batirol, which was the most expensive part of our trip.


I was a bit sad that they didn't have any iced beverages when we went, but their classic hot drinks didn't disappoint:


We also met a ton of Dave's readers there. It was "quite overwhelming". Lol. #anotherinsidejoke

And then it was time for the boys' second outfit shots... Again, I was too lazy to bring a second outfit with me :p so I didn't have a second one this time around.


(left) Gerd looking for a place to pee. HAHAHA.
(right) Alejandro taking Dave's outfit shots.

We met Alejandro at Cafe de Batirol and he so kindly took the following photos for us:


Telenovela vibes.

The seriousness didn't really work out for us, though, coz this is what we're truly like:



Gotta love these boys!
Laughter and good vibes all around!

And now for some epic jump shots (pay close attention to Mr. David Guison in these :p):



Haha! Epic!

Thank you so much for taking these, Alejandro! We wouldn't have had any group shots if it weren't for you! :) Check out his awesome blog post on our trip here.

And my favorite picture of the trip:


LOL.

Despite the fact that I missed my fitting for Meg and the chance to be part of the New Glorietta Vibe, I wouldn't trade this Baguio trip for the world. It was definitely full of the kind of good vibes that I wanted to end 2012 with. Thanks, boys! I love you both :) 'Til next time!!! :)

10 comments:

  1. Really cool trip! I wish I was in Baguio too when you were there. I'd be glad to meet you *u* BTW, I love all of your outfits. <3

    rheagulafo.blogspot.com
    rheagulafo.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this post!! HAHA! Reaaallly made me miss Baguio. <3

    All the photos are soooo cute! Especially the first one(the one taken at the roofdeck) ! :D Haha i lold at the "someone was living there" part. =)))

    HERSHEY NERI
    www.thediaryofateenagequeen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow it looks like a great great trip! I miss Baguio BUT i think it is Sagada that my soul is craving for right now. Merry Christmas darling :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh cool jump shots! Cute ng poses niyo. Last time I was in Baguio, I was a 3rd year college student. We came from Ilocos for a field trip then headed to Baguio before going back to Laguna. We spent less than a day there but still had a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun. You guys sure know how to enjoy a place. Those hot drinks look delicious, and who doesn't love a pink bike!
    Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Clothes for Less

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahah love the telenovela vibes!!! :))

    Michael Macalos
    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh so "Serene-ah" yung basa sa Syrena? haha the trip looked fun!!!!
    Seems like everyone else is putting the link to their blog with their comment so I'll just do it as well. Haha! Kainggit yung posts mo ang daming response haha


    http://geloyellow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your skirt!! =) is that 50's diner in Baguio? Yum yum! It looks like you are indeed having fun! MERRY CHRISTMAS! David is so cute.. Hihihi

    Krystal
    http://krystalpearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarap! The weather looks so cool and nice. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. angel i just saw your new blog layout and im loving it!! :D The header is so nice! and so many good photos on your entries I cannot choose where to comment :D haha! i love the doggy photo and with david holding your hand :P so kulit!


    Rovie
    The Bargain Doll
    :)

    ReplyDelete