Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Hang Ten Cotton Project: Braving the Great Outdoors

Here's another long lost blog post for you to enjoy of the Hang Ten Cotton Project blogger's event! (Better late than never, right? :p)

A few months ago, a bunch of us bloggers were invited to attend the launch of Hang Ten's premium line of clothing, Cotton Project, and some of us met up at Hang Ten's Megamall branch a lil earlier to get picked up by a special coaster that would take us to the event's location: the Ariato function room in Il Terrazzo.

To be honest, I had no idea what to expect, so I was pleasantly surprised and incredibly impressed when I walked into Hang Ten and found this amazing camping setup inside.


To be honest, this could be a setup for a horror movie, too, though. :p

With my fellow early birds, Catch and Aivan.

Sadly, I do not have a photo of the coaster that picked us up coz it was raining outside that day, so I'll let your imagination do the work at dreaming that one up. :p


When we got to the Ariato function room in Il Terrazzo, we were given a preview of the latest advertising campaigns and collections of the Hang Ten Cotton Project before the real activities began.


First, we had to choose our teams. Since yellow is my favorite color, I immediately went for the yellow team. My team mates consisted of Catch, Miko, Nika and Alex.


After choosing our teams, we were given a set of rules and a survival kit to get us through the obstacles ahead.

Our uber cool survival kit.

And then the games began...


Our first task was to create accessories. Sorry for the blurry picture. That's how excited and jumpy I was without caffeine in my system. :p


Our second task was to create a team flag. We were the A-Team coz A is for Awesome. :p

Our third task involved opening this box and forming a word with the letters in it! Finally something in my forte! :p


The word we found was "COTTON". :D

Our fourth task involved an obstacle course:

We had to shoot down these guys with kalamansi...

...and run through these tires, amongst other things.
Good thing I didn't wear heels that day! :p

After that, we had to play a mini game of roulette to determine what one of our team members had to eat out of the styrofoam containers.

They were a bit intimidating, so I'm glad Miko volunteered to eat whatever was in them.

He ended up having to take these shots... Ketchup? Chili sauce? And I have no clue what that green thing is. Not sure I wanna know, really. :p

Go, Miko! :p

During each task, we also had to pick up two pieces of clothing at each station: one for men and one for women.


These clothes were then used in the final task: styling a female mannequin and a male mannequin.


Sexy! :p

My team mates at work.

Our finished mannequins!

And the mannequins of the Green Team and the Red Team, respectively.

The mannequins were judged on which ones represented the Cotton Project the best and... the Green Team won!

Well done! :)

Of course, what kind of camp would be complete without some grub? We had some delicious food and drinks at the camp from Subway and Fruit Magic, as well as fresh fruit, to munch on.


And for dessert, we had S'mores! :D


Aside from being such a fun event, the Hang Ten Cotton Project event also taught me a few things about myself:

1) I could never be an accessories maker.
2) I would never win "Survivor" or "Fear Factor".
3) I love S'mores.

Will be sharing photos of the Hang Ten Cotton Project event next! Stay tuned! :)

2 comments:

  1. wow :D cool pics.loks like you had a wonderfull time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How'd they prepare the smores? Not heated? =)

    ReplyDelete