Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Movie Review: Wreck-It Ralph

Amongst other geeky things, I am also a video game geek.

I first held a video game controller when I was 4 and since then, I have owned every single PlayStation console and Nintendo Gameboy handheld device ever made. And I'm not ashamed to admit it, but my favorite games to this day include Tetris, Pac-Man and Space Invaders.

I swear: I am an arcade baby born in the wrong time. Therefore, it makes perfect sense that I jizzed in my pants after seeing the trailer for Wreck-It Ralph and immediately told my boyfriend about it. Well, yesterday, we finally got to watch it. :)


Contrary to what I originally thought, "Wreck-It Ralph" is actually perfect for everybody. You don't have to be a video game geek to enjoy it. In fact, you can know nothing about video games and still love what it has to offer (provided you have these things called 'feelings', that is :p).


"Wreck-It Ralph" is a great movie that lives up to Disney standards and is reminiscent of the classic Pixar movies "Toy Story" and "Monsters, Inc." Aside from being creative in terms of the plot, the settings and the characters, it also has a great twist.

In fact, there is nothing about it that I didn't like. The only problem that I had with it was the fact that Mario Mario wasn't in it. :( But then again, not everyone worships Mario the way I do. :p


Now, I may be biased coz I see so much of myself in Vanellope von Schweetz, but seriously: this movie is a fun nostalgia trip to say the least and everyone is sure to enjoy it. I actually guarantee it!

The best part is that there are so many different lands to explore in "Wreck-It Ralph", I hope they make many, many, many sequels. Just for the record, I wished the same for "The Nightmare Before Christmas", but that didn't happen, so it might be best not to get our hopes up. :p


via Hit Fix

It's really hard to write a review about "Wreck-It Ralph" without giving too much away. Also, I don't really think words can sufficiently describe the greatness of this movie anyway, so just watch it. You won't regret it.

Aside from the movie itself, the Disney short film "Paperman" shown before the movie was also amazing, so make sure you head to the theaters early to catch it! :)


It's almost as good as "Partly Cloudy". #truth

Have you seen "Wreck-It Ralph" yet? Are you a video game geek, too? Whether you are or not: what did you think of it? :)

6 comments:

  1. Nice review. Definitely a bit too cutesy at points and its message is a well-traveled one, but there wee enough cool visuals and video game references to delight my inner geek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to watch you! You excited me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I definitely agree with you!!! Wreck-It Ralph is awesome beyond words!! I can't even think of a much better term to define it. It is really a masterpiece! :) Love this review! <3

    Gem
    gemnikkaonthego.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooove this movie!! dami kong tawa, hahaha tapos ang cute pa ng mga characters ^____^.

    Michael Macalos
    http://michaelmacalos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete