Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lookbook.nu Look: Tardis

Do you watch "Dr. Who"? Yeah... I don't, either. LOL.

I know this is surprising coz 1) it's British and 2) I'm such a nerdy geek, but I have this OC tendency where I can't watch a TV series unless I start from the very beginning. And let's face it: the chances of me finding the first season of Dr. Who (1963) in this country is very unlikely.

I have, however, always loved the notion of Dr. Who. In fact, I know everything about it, it's almost like I watch it anyway. :p

I also know that it was one of the biggest inspirations for one of my favorite books, Before Ever After. Of course, it helps that I love the notion of time travel. More than life itself. Bring on the emo... along with my Tardis-inspired outfit:

black sunglasses from Hang Ten
black studded leather cuff from House of Luxe
black braided charm bracelet from Anagon Collection

There are various reasons why I love time travel. For starters, I happen to be a very impulsive and spontaneous creature person. As such, I tend to act without thinking most of the time. And, even when I do think; when I'm in the moment and something might seem like a good idea, I soon realize a little later on that it wasn't a smart move, after all. Sigh.

silver star cluster necklace from Accessorize

I know that "everything happens for a reason" and all that jazz, but I can't help but think that there are some things that would have just been better off not happening. You know what I mean? Which is why time travel would be so great. I would love to go back in time and delete all of those better-off-not-happening moments.

Wonder Woman printed sneakers from Converse

Another reason why I think time travel is so great is because I happen to be very impatient and fearful, as well. I am scared of wasting time on things that won't be worth it in the end (chalk that up to experience!) and then looking back on the time I wasted and going, "Man, things would have been better off if I didn't waste my time on that." It's a vicious cycle. And I'm a very pessimistic person.

blue beanie from Bangkok
police box dress from Folded and Hung

My best friend Jacob (who took all of the photos in this post, by the way - thank you!) thinks it's stupid that I want to meet a real psychic and see my future, but I'd rather know things than not know.

Take today, for example. This thought actually crossed my mind: "If I get run over by a car right now, my first thought would probably be... 'I should have just smoked more of those damn cigarettes'." That might be a bad example for this, but if I had my way, I'd time travel into the future and find out if some things - like quitting smoking :p - are actually worth it.



Anyway, that's the old me that I'm trying to change. If there's anything that I learned this week, it's not to dwell too much on the past and not to think too much about the future. Just live in the now. :) I've been trying to do that lately and so far, so good. As Oogway said in "Kung Fu Panda":

"Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
But today is a gift.
That is why it is called the present."

#BOOM #OldTurtlesRock

12 comments:

  1. omg i LOVE this top!!! dope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your dress! it looks awesome and those shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. para kaw walking painting ..astig lang ha@

    ReplyDelete
  4. that print is amazing!


    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the TARDIS top! Get your nerd on! Thanks for the Twitter follow. Seriously, I'm feeling on that top and the sneaks! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I super like your wonder woman kicks! So cool! New follower here! =)


    http://oc-craft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete