Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Lookbook.nu Look: Live a Full Life

My daughter aside, I don't really post a lot of family-related things on my blog. There's a huge sob story behind that with even bigger sob sub-stories behind that... but I won't get into that here, of course.

Let's just say that we Rodriguez kids weren't really raised with any family values. Although we did have a lot of bonding moments when we were younger, something happened that ruined that when I turned 13. Ever since then, everything family-related was pretty much thrown out the window and we all lived completely separate lives.

After I became a mother myself, however, I realized how important family actually is. This drove me to try and make things work with the babydaddy for years... and then we're back to another sob story. Lol.

Anyway, the point of this post was for me to talk about my family more, not for me to get all emo, so: did you know that I have a twin? :)

Quick: which one's me? :p

Bonding at Cafe Republiq - something we need to start doing again more often, please.

So, this is Kyle, my twin. :p Okay, not really. Kyle is actually 3 years younger than me, but everybody thinks we're twins since we look so much alike and we're almost the same height, so it's pretty much what we call each other now. He's a "Perks of Being a Wallflower" fan, too, btw, just like me. :D

He's clearly more fashionable than I'll ever be, though. :p

Recently, Kyle pointed out that the sibling relationship in the "Perks of Being a Wallflower" book reminded him of our sibling relationship in Bangkok. I'm not really sure why, though, since I didn't get an abortion and he definitely wasn't a wallflower... Lol.

But hey, Charlie describes his sister as "very pretty and mean to boys and she is in the middle", so I guess that makes sense. Especially the last part. *da dum tss* :)) Sorry if that was a bad joke. I'm just trying to make light of the situation coz I'm tired...

This photo mostly only exists to show Catch that the nose runs in the family (he once asked me if I had a nose job! Lol.)

Kyle likes branded designer stuff. As you can see.

And now just a quick run-through of what I wore on our twin date:

black sleeveless top from Bangkok
black jacket from Folded and Hung
bright orange shorts from J'Adore La Mode Shop

gold necklace from House of Luxe
silver angel wings ring from Anagon Collection
white cat eye sunglasses from The Little Things She Needs

beige animal print heels from Bangkok


I just wanted to keep things casual since all we were gonna do was eat all day. We were actually gonna watch some stupid vampire movie but then decided against it coz there weren't any good reviews or good-looking actors in it. :p

Anyway, to make sure that you leave my blog with a smile on your face, say hello to Syrena Lorelei - the one who officially replaced me and the title that I held as "the youngest Rodriguez girl in the family". :(

Yes, she's white, but she is my daughter.

As you can see by this I'm-a-superhero-in-my-imagination pose.

No, seriously. I looked exactly like that as a kid.

I hope you guys are all staying safe from the rain and that you all had a wonderful week! Mine started out pretty well, but went down the drain pretty quickly. I'm trying to keep my chin up, though. Everything happens for a reason, right? Gotta keep smiling! :)

13 comments:

  1. Hahahaha. I saw Kyle's nose profile and thought to myself that the nose runs in the family AND THEN i saw the caption! LOL.

    x
    Catch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just in case you haven't read my response on your comment, the shirt is from my aunt. She bought from the Nintendo Store(US). Thank you for dropping by. I am following you now. Hope you'll follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...everyone looks fabulous. 'nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang cute lang ng daughter mo <333 I wanna hug her!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i kind'a share the same family thing-ish, though mine started way before i get to be toilet-trained...then pursued by more drama growing up. But we don't really let all that define us right. And the way I see it, you've grown to be quite a woman yourself...wonder woman indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking good! I follow you now.

    www.suspironews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post its so cute and its always important to spend time with the people you love. I love your blog! Would you like to follow each other?
    sewthecity.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand with your family things..at first I dont share stories about my family with my blog but then I realize that they are the reason why I'm inspired and working hard for the love sake...lol.then I learned how to transport those sad sad story into an inspiration and it works so little by little i share a bit about my family.

    And both of your are fashionable! as they say sister act! more love for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really thought you guys were twins! :)
    Good looks do run in your family :)

    PS. I think i havent told you this before, but I really admire you for your strength. You indeed are a wonder woman!

    Hershey Neri
    www.thediaryofateenagequeen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete