Friday, August 10, 2012

Warner Bros./DC Comics Trade Show: The Ultimate Event for This Wonder Woman

Have you read my blogpost on the Warner Bros./DC Trade Show on When in Manila yet? Well, you should. Before you read this one anyway. This is a more personal, much more geekier take on that one and I don't want you to get lost while reading it. :p

When I got invited to the Warner Bros./DC Trade Show and found out I could bring a date plus one, I racked my brain trying to figure out who to invite...

Haha. Okay, so that's not true. I knew exactly who I wanted to invite. I mean, an event for geeks can only be enjoyed by a fellow geek, right? Fortunately, Gerd Perez was able to make it after scaring the bejeezuz out of me and pretending that he wouldn't.


Before the actual program, Gerd also acted as my resident photographer and took some pictures of the merchandise at the trade show (thanks, Gerd!). Here are some of my favorites:


I haven't used a mouse since my college days, but if I had one of these, I would. Fun fact: I went through a Tweety phase during first year high school. Prolly the reason why yellow is my favorite color right now. On that note:

Tweeeeety!!! :D Chillin' like a villain. My favorite photo of the day. <3

If you still watch Looney Tunes to this day, then you will be happy to hear that they have a new season coming up with 26 new episodes. The same goes Tom and Jerry, ThunderCats and Scooby-Doo!


As you geeks know, Superman likes Wonder Woman, but Wonder Woman likes Batman. So, it's only fitting that, in the DC world, he's my favorite male superhero. As for the real world: where is my Batman, exactly??? :p

I want a credit card just like this, please!

If you're a Batman fan like myself, then you must be devastated that the Christopher Nolan movie trilogy of the dark knight is now over, as well. Well, fret not. A whole new computer-animated series about Batman is coming out in Cartoon Network next year called "Beware the Batman". Check out the trailer here and get excited!!!


Checkin' out the merch.


Some of my favorite merchandise at the trade show were the Wonder Woman air fresheners (I don't own a car, but I want them!!!) and the Superman toothpaste. Made my day. I'd like that cap, too, please. :)

Other great things that we were able to see at the event that made my geek senses tingle like crazy included action figures for the new "The Hobbit" movie (I have an Elvish tattoo for a reason, after all!) and behind the scenes photos of the new Superman movie "Man of Steel", both of which are set to come out in 2013. "The Hobbit" will be divided into 3 movies, though, all to be released a year apart.


Of course, there were a lot of fun and games, too. In true geek fashion, I knew the answer to all of the questions asked. :p Wanna test out your own geek-levels?

  • What is the name of Superman's real father?
  • What is Wonder Woman's lasso called?
  • What does "DC" stand for?
  • What is the name of the grandmother in Looney Tunes?
  • What is the name of the dog in Looney Tunes?
  • What is the name of the bad guy in ThunderCats?
  • What is the name of the fuzzy character in Looney Tunes who is shaped like a heart?
  • What is the name of Bugs Bunny's pet?
  • Which Looney Tunes character does not wear pants?
  • Who plays Jonathan Kent in "Man of Steel"?
  • Who plays Batman in the original Batman TV series?
  • Who plays Robin in the original Batman TV series?
So... Did you get them all? I was actually a lil disappointed coz no one knew what "DC" stood for. I was ready to throw a bitch fit right there and then, but luckily stopped myself. :p

Before Gerd left, we also got some Instax shots done with my Fuji-baby and here's my favorite one:

Haha. Ang kulit lang! :)


Overall, the event really was a geek's dream come true. Now, if only we could get more geek events to happen around here...

Thank you, Pacific Licensing, for having us. :) I look forward to gracing more of your events in the future! *hint hint* :p

3 comments:

  1. This is great! I love it.

    PS. Thank you for your comment on my blog and would love to follow each other if you like. Hope to hear from you soon.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle
    Enter my GIVEAWAY to Win A Pair of Gorgeous Colorblocking Wedges

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome event! and that credit card is just soo cool

    ReplyDelete