Saturday, August 4, 2012

Swensen's Ice Cream: My Rainy Day Choice

I've blogged about Swensen's quite a few times now. I raved about its arrival in the Philippines here; I had a Trio date there late last year; and I attended the Swensen's Scoop Off opening in Eastwood, as well.


Well, if you thought that was the last of my Swensen's posts, then you were sorely mistaken. Call me weird, but: while people enjoy curling up in bed and drinking hot cocoa when it's raining and cold outside, I actually love drinking iced drinks and eating ice cream during these occasions. (Please tell me I'm not alone here.)

Naturally, it only makes sense that I've been craving Swensen's like a sugar fiend ever since the weather turned bi-polar. Here are just some of the sundaes I've been dreaming of lately:

The Oreo Cookies 'n' Cream Chocolate Fantasy (P265)

The Strawberry Stripes (P255)

The Crispy Cocktail Basket Sundae (P265)

The Banana Split (P270)

The Chocolate Earthquake Mega Sundae (P675)

And, since I'm a mega caffeine fiend, I'd love some of this to top it off:


Why must I live so far away from the Mall of Asia and Eastwood? :( But, you know, if anyone wanted to go on an ice cream date with me, I'd love to make the trip. Did I mention that I still have a ton of GCs to use there? Woot! Now, who wants to go? :D

13 comments:

  1. not really an ice cream person but boy these photos made me crave for one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nasasarap peo ang mamamamamahal jajajajaja :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're definitely not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just recently had my taste of a Swensen's ice cream here in Singapore. Now I understand the hype. It's delicious!

    I mean, I've eaten there before. Everytime I'd visit the ex-BF (now the Husband) in Singapore, he'd bring me to a Swensen's but we'd never really had ice cream there before, only meals. Good thing we got a free scoop the last time we ate there so I was finally able to have a taste. Hehehe! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. Gosh. I have yet to try that! Your photos are amazing. Looks so yummmmmy!
    I learned a few years back that it's actually better to eat cold food like ice cream when it's called. They say these increases energy and in the end, makes you warmer??? Haha. Hope I'm not spreading misinformation but I really remembered a scientist being interviewed busting the myth aout cold weather and coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! I want! If only MOA/Eastwood weren't so far :\ I've actually won Ms. Keigh's giveaway for the Trio date but I had an exam on that day. Been craving this but I've only been to MOA twice after that "date" and I didn't have time/money to try it out. But it's on my food-to-eat list though!

    And you're not alone! I absolutely love eating cold food on cold weather (even in hot weather haha). Right now I'm actually eating double dutch ice cream! It's one of the best feelings ever haha. Hope you can satisfy your cold food craving now! :)

    Almira :)
    numbertwohere

    ReplyDelete
  7. got to taste na ung Earthquake Mega Sundae with friends. super sulit! very delicious!

    BTW, got a new blog. pls show some love still - awalkwithshing.blogspot.com

    JC
    awalkwithshing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to try Swensen's! ;) Will drag my friends there soon!

    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. now you got me craving angel! :) haha funny sabay sabay tayo nagpost ng PR. anyways see you soon and super thanks for visiting me at the hospital. cant wait to hit events and bond with you again :)

    Rovie, The Bargain Doll

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I have been here. The ice cream here is very delicious. I will definitely come back the next time I go to MoA

    ReplyDelete