Monday, March 26, 2012

Red Sky at Centara Central World, Bangkok, Thailand

Because I am starting to miss my home once again, I thought I'd share some more of my recent Bangkok escapades: the semi-fail quadruple date.

Originally, there were supposed to be four guys and four girls on this "date", but one of our guys got sucked in by the evil force that is FIFA, so we ended up a guy short.

Then, the place that we planned on having dinner at - The Horse Says Moooo on Sukhumvit Soi 31 - turned out to be closed. Gone. Non-existent.


Talk about bad luck!

Still, the night was pretty epic. As it always is with good company. :)

Although we were a bit disappointed since the restaurant looked very promising, we ended up going to Coyote instead, which was just around the corner.

One of the reasons why I love Coyote so much is because I celebrated my 20th birthday there, so the memories are still intact. Other reasons why I love Coyote include:

Their mushroom quesadillas!
I was a pesce-vegetarian before I got pregnant, and I practically lived on this stuff!

Their mochaccino margaritas!
I was also an alcoholic before I got pregnant, so I lived on this, too. :p

After our very filling dinner, we then headed to Red Sky at Centara Central World for the most gorgeous view and the most romantic date scenery I could ever imagine.


If you have watched "The Hangover 2", then you should know how beautiful Bangkok's skyline is by now. The picture above does not do it any justice whatsoever, I'm afraid. You really have to see it in person yourself.

Unfortunately, you will also have to make reservations days in advance if you want to get into Sirocco - which we didn't get to do coz I'm spontaneous like that. Which is why we went to Red Sky instead.


Overall, Red Sky's crowd is more business-like than young and casual. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you're just there to enjoy the music, the drinks and the company. And the music was jazzy and slow-dance-worthy. Perfect date stuff, I'm telling you.

It was a lil too dark for my liking, though, and the tables - as pretty as they were - were much too far away from the seats. However, they did make up for it with the view, the delicious drinks and the lounge chairs that you can lie on.

Naturally, you will have to make reservations or get there a bit early in order to bag one of those lounge chairs, though. Naturally, you should also expect to pay a bit more per drink since you are paying mostly for the venue than the drink itself.

I think Mark paid Bt200 for this shot.

Our girlier drinks cost around Bt400. But they were good!

As mentioned before, the night was epic because of the wonderful company that I was with. :)

Tom Dibbayawan aka Dibby - the man with the cutest dimples and the best movie and music taste in the world.

(left) Mark McDowell - whose shot clearly went straight to his head. :p
(right) Lita Kays Prasithpongchai - the sexiest, craziest and awesomest girl friend a girl could ever have. Seriously. She's prolly the only person I know who still really and truly stays in touch with me even now that I've moved away. LOVE. HER.

(from left) Kays, Leila, me, Tom, Nanak and Kei! :)

I apologize for the pictures being so dark. I blame the darkness of the place. :p

Have you ever been to a skybar? Any blog posts on one? Any recommendations of one here in Manila? :) Share, share, share!




19 comments:

  1. love it! love the photos! love you!

    p.s. hahahahahaha the horse says moo...hahahaha. the horse didn't say moo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh skybar! :) love the photos :D lalalalove!

    -roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't been to any skybar yet. i wanna exp. that too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool skybar. the view is terrific! love the food, too! :)


    http://xoxostrawberry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got me craving for quesadillas now! OMG. Haha with just merely looking at your shots of Red Sky, nai-in love ako!! :) Beautiful place! Must go there soon. Thanks for sharing, Angel (who btw looked sooo gorgeous from the FPV event :p)! :-*

    Arnie
    www.arnievillanueva.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. we have several skybars in Chicago and OMG that quesadilla looks so good as well as the drinks. But what about the mochacino margarita...was that good? In the US it is usually fruit flavoured!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great night and what a view! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photos ^^ Hehe and those mochaccino margaritas sound great, really unusual. Might have to ask bartender to make me one next time :p Delicious food, too.

    Thank you for stopping by! Have a lovely day,

    Satu
    - Indie by Heart

    Ps. Birthday Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blog.

    I will be really happy, if you follow my blog. I will always follow yours back;)

    http://pinkyfashionbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great pics, Skybar looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. really beautifulpics dear...love it so much...
    btw mabbe we canfollow each other??hope u like to do it
    jessillesilv.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. The foods look so yummy<3:)
    Looks like u had a nice night:)
    Bangkok<3:)

    Following you:)
    It'll be so nice, if you follow me back:)

    Have a sparkling day!
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks really nice at night, oooh i like!!:)
    Much love, Gabriele. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to Bangkok last summer and had a great time there! Your photos at Red
      Sky reminded me of the moment where I visited Baiyoke Tower :)

      Delete
  14. Wow! That's where I stayed. Hahaha And I have to agree, the view from Centara Grand is amazing. I like how high end the location is. When did you go to Bangkok? We must have bumped with each other :p I didn't get to party bec my family is wholesome like that! Haha Maybe next time..

    ReplyDelete
  15. great bangkok skyline!! :) try Skye lounge in the Fort area.. similar place.. and well, pricey food and drinks too :P

    -Hazel
    http://dressmeupbuttercup.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete