Friday, December 2, 2011

TOMS One for One Movement

I first heard about TOMS' One for One movement during the Nothing but H2O Private Sale last month. As much as I wanted to blog about the campaign, though, I felt like I didn't have enough information or enough passion for the cause yet(truth be told), so I let it slide.

So, imagine my surprise when Ana Gonzales of The Fashionista Commuter invited me to the TOMS Event on November 16, 2011 to find out more about the cause. As I told her: it was an event made for me and my growing curiosity. :)

In true blue TOMS spirit, I actually opted to wear flats that day (which is very rare because I looooove my heels!) - and imagine my surprise when I actually got to the event and almost all of the fashion bloggers there were wearing flats, too. I really wish I had taken a picture. It was epic! Anyway, here's what I wore:

Proper outfit post next time!


I actually got to The Fort pretty early because I was at Resorts World earlier that day (on another memorable date, if you must know... tee hee) and didn't know it was so close. Thankfully, Keigh Jalbuena of Delishoes Servings met me at Market Market and after some catching up, we made our way to 2nds where the TOMS event was held.

The Bloggers Registration table.

(left) Sarah Tirona of Ms. Eggplant's Chronicles - yes, we have the same bag. Haha. Thank you, Accessorize! :)
(right) The pretty Keigh. I hadn't see her in so long!

I love how everything was set up.

My pick for the munchkin. She would love this!

Really, really, really want that TOMS journal/notebook on the left. I wonder if it's for sale...


At the event, we were told more about TOMS One for One Campaign with the use of very touching videos. In a nutshell, for every pair of TOMS that you purchase, they will give a new pair of shoes to a child in need. One for One. How awesome is that?

Why shoes, you ask? Well, although medicine and water are important, too, shoes are actually also a vital resource that can protect kids from infections, soil-based diseases and rough terrains.

The pair of TOMS that is given out to kids in need for the One for One campaign.

Shoes are more valuable than just that, as well. A lot of schools require shoes for attendance, for example, and several soil-based diseases might create cognitive impairment, too, believe it or not.

Besides, have you seen TOMS shoes? They're sooo pretty and are sure to make any kid happy. :)

That aside, TOMS has something new going on, as well - something that will especially benefit the elderly this time: TOMS eyewear. Also One for One. You read that right.

For every pair of TOMS glasses that you purchase, they will help give sight to a person in need. I am officially in awe.

Ana and Sarah trying on TOMS eyewear.

My pick. Major WANT.

Of course, no event is ever complete without some food and sisterly bonding.

(from left) Ana, Tracy Ayson of Fashion Fangirl, Sarah, me, Melai Entuna of Style and Soul and Keigh

I may not have a picture of her face, but that's Jen Maslang of Shopgirl Jen and me, showing off our matching red flats! Flats FTW!

There may have been some alcohol involved, too. :p
Irish coffee ba yan, Ana? Haha.


After having some of the yummy food, Ana and I took the southbound bus home and had a great talk involving... well, boys. Haha. Loved it!

Regardless of how fun it was to be on a date and to bond with my blogger friends, though, I always look forward to going home because I get to go home to this:

She put on my new Leopard Luxe Posh Pocket Shoes all on her own - too cute!

And so silly! Where are your shorts, baby? Haha.

I was also able to take home a chocolate cupcake courtesy of Cupcakes by Sonja. It was delicious! Can't wait to try out their red velvet cupcakes next time.

Thank you so much to Ana for inviting me to this event and to Team Geiser Maclang for having me. :)

Make sure you go to the 4th level of Trinoma mall this Sunday, December 4, 2011 from 10am to 10pm for TOMS very first "Give Fair". Look forward to activities, games and crafts, and the chance to create one-of-a-kind TOMS! Enjoy! :) See you all at Bloggers United 2 tomorrow later!

12 comments:

  1. ive never heard of TOMS, but it looks cool! :)
    i love your mustache top as well! :)
    XOXO Kasia
    http://misskasia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! i love toms... especially for my son. :)

    the red plaid would be great for the holidays!

    ps. just wanted to let you now that this whole month, i'm hosting a giveaway every week! currently, there's a stunning bodycon dress up for grabs! (the retail price is $230!) i hope you'll stop by soon & join! :)

    xx,
    cindy - design3rd

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww your outfit is sooo cute!!! :D love your mustcahe shirt! :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying to own a TOMS wedge for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your blog name! what a cool event, i love toms shoes! you're so lucky, awesome write up! thanks so much for the visit and comment, would love to follow each other? :)

    xx
    Couture Caddy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pics and items, I am in love with the moustache t-shirt <3
    3 hours left to enter my Chanel & Too Faced Giveaway ! Why don't you join ? :)
    Fashion and Cookies
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flats FTW! haha! And Syrena is so cute! How I wish my Sofi will meet her na and mag play na sila! :)

    ReplyDelete