Thursday, December 15, 2011

Movie Review: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol

With the amazingly fawesome new Batman trailer finally out, I'm sure you all know why my blog is called Wonder Woman Rises by now. If you don't, well, it's because I love movies.

Yes, before fashion and beauty and singers, movies were my first love. Movies, that is, and Tom Cruise.

So, it only makes sense that even though I was borderline-suicidal depressed at the beginning of the week, I decided to get out of the house my bed to catch the premiere of the fourth Mission: Impossible installment, Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, at Glorietta 4. Huge thanks to Ed Karueger and Krissy Cruz for the tickets! :)


To be honest, I hadn't really enjoyed any of the M:I movies since the first one, so I wasn't expecting too much from this one, either. So, boy, was I surprised when I actually watched it and downright loved it.

I was literally at the edge of my seat, covering my mouth and screaming during most of the scenes because they were completely action-packed and incredibly awesome!

And the best part? That is actually Tom Cruise doing all of the stunts himself - the jail fight scene in the beginning, the sand storm chase, the hospital escape, the final fight in the parking garage and yes, even the Burj Khalifa tower bit!


It's a lil funny seeing the world's smallest man (Mario from the Mario Bros. not included) scale the tallest building in the world, but it was frickin' amazing, to say the least.

However, I couldn't help but notice how, if Tom Cruise was just a teeny tiny bit taller, he wouldn't have as much trouble getting onto that train or grabbing that briefcase every time he tried to. It kind of made me want to feed him a red mushroom to help him out.


On the flip side, though, I haven't wanted to jump Tom Cruise and make sweet love to him this badly since I saw him in "Tropic Thunder". Ha! Kidding. It was "Top Gun". Gah. I can't believe he's almost 50. What a yummy, yummy (though very short, short) man!


As much as I would have loved to see Kevin Zegers, Chris Pine or Tom Hardy as Brandt (who were all also considered for the role), I am actually very happy that they cast Jeremy Renner. I had seen him in "The Town" before and thought he was brilliant and it was great to see him in a role like this.

As other movie buffs should know, Brandt was created to eventually replace Ethan Hunt for when Tom Cruise decides to step down from the M:I franchise (though, the way Hollywood is going, he probably won't until he's over-60 :p). But I would be happy to have him take over the M:I franchise right now, truth be told.


Overall rating: 4.5 stars out of 5.

In a nutshell, M:I GP is an action-packed, incredibly entertaining movie that is sure to keep both M:I fans and non-fans alike very happy. And, well, if you don't like it, then entertaining you is a mission: impossible. Boom.


Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is now showing in cinemas nationwide and is also tied up with Coke Zero, which has released M:I 4-themed cans that are available until the end of this year. Grab them now! :)

13 comments:

  1. Seems like you guys really enjoyed this movie, Angel! ☺ Happy for you!! And oh god Tom Cruise is just so hot.

    Join my ASIAN VOGUE GIVEAWAY!
    Join my FAB MANILA GIVEAWAY!
    Join my LOVE FOR ACCESSORIES AND BAGS GIVEAWAY!

    Xoxo,
    Arnie
    http://arnievillanueva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great and rly usefull pos :)
    thank you for giving an idea whats god whats bad :)
    dark--passion.bloogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOL'd at the red mushroom :D

    Counting down the days until The Dark Knight Rises is shown! Batman is my favorite superhero, and I LOVE Christopher Nolan ♥ Oh boy, that movie will give me mini heart attacks, what with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tom Hardy onboard. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. based on what you wrote and 4.5?? I must watch this!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review. This would be good but I don't intend to watch this in the cinema. But I'm not the kind who watches movies 'while it's hot'. Maybe I'll watch this on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome :) I'm glad to finally hear a proper opinion about this movie. I've been curious about it, though I've been a bit averse to Tom Cruise since his weird meltdown of sorts. I'll make sure to check it out given the high rating :)

    Merry Christmas by the way! :)

    www.hautepot.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like this movie, stressful! XD
    4.5/5 rating too, sana kasi walang kissing scene lolz

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

  9. مكافحة حشرات بالخبر مكافحة حشرات بالخبر
    مكافحة حشرات بمكة مكافحة حشرات بمكة
    مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة شركة رش حشرات بالمدينة المنورة
    مكافحة حشرات بالدمام شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام

    ReplyDelete
  10. Continuous Transport Protocol (RTP) is a web convention standard to deal with the ongoing transmission of sight and sound information over unicast or multicast network administrations. https://onohosting.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simultaneously, it, likewise, have capacity to execute progressed elements, for example, movement location, facial acknowledgment and article following. https://hostinglelo.in/

    ReplyDelete