Sunday, November 20, 2011

Tango Fire Exclusive Preview

I love dance. Aside from being a frustrated singer, I am also a frustrated dancer. I blame this, of course, on my parents who never forced me to take ballet classes and always rushed me whenever I had cheerleading or dance classes after regular school hours in high school.

(Don't worry, Syrena - yes, Jenny, it's pronounced sai-ree-nah. :) - I will totally force you to take ballet classes against your will and be a too-supportive mother in all of your dancing endeavors. I hope you don't "dance like a white girl", though, as people tend to put it.)

Anyway, because of this, I was more than happy to RSVP when Kassy Pajarillo of FTW magazine invited me to the exclusive preview of Tango Fire last November 9 at NUVO, Greenbelt 2, Makati. This also happened to be the very first time that I was personally approached and invited to a blogger's event (i.e. I wasn't invited or referred by a fellow blogger), so I was all the more excited about it. :)


On January 17 and 18, 2012 (yes, two nights only!), Ballet Philippines will present "Tango Fire", the famous Argentinian tango group from Buenos Aires at Resorts World Manila's Newport Performing Arts Theater (where "Sound of Music" is currently being shown) at 8pm.

This performance also happens to be a fundraiser, which will benefit Ballet Philippines' own Noordin Jumalon Dance Scholarship Fund, where they give children from public schools the chance to watch a ballet and become exposed to the art's beauty, precision and grandeur.

And tango is definitely beautiful, precise and grand. "El Tango de Roxanne" happens to be my favorite scene in "Moulin Rouge" because it is such a passionate, emotional and sensual scene: three other words that definitely define tango to a tee.


Ava Te of Artsy Fartsy Ava was nice enough to accompany me to this event and this is us with Ballet Philippines' Margie Moran. We ended up spending our time with Jonver David of Where is Jonver?? there, as well, whom I stole all of the beautiful photos in this post from. Thanks, Jonver! :)


One of the rising stars of Argentine Tango, Mauro Caiazza, was the first to set the dance floor on fire with his quick and flawless tango dance moves. He showed us just how exciting and sexy tango can really be. And who knew it was possible to dance the tango so well in jeans? I was in absolute awe of him - that's for sure!


Noem Lardizabal-Dado of Blog Watch was also present and gamely learned how to tango with one of the good tango instructors who were at our disposal that night.

Bloggers gamely learned how to tango with some of the tango instructors of Ballet Philippines.


As for me, I spent the night gamely downing this delicious cocktail that they came up with especially for the event: the Tango Fire Martini, a fruity and fun cocktail perfect for the chikahan session that ensued afterward with Jonver and FPJ, Jr! :p

Thank you so much for having me! :) I had a fabulous time.

Tickets for Tango Fire start at P1,200. For more information, visit Tango Fire's Facebook page.

8 comments:

  1. that must be so fun!
    Btw. Im inviting you to my International giveaway where price is bag full of gifts! You can join it here:
    http://cookieswardrobe.blogspot.com/2011/11/second-international-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your honest comment.
    Tango... really miss my ballroomclasses!

    xx
    me-travelleroftheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. really nice blog!
    lunameansmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dancing. dancedancedance.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds really fun! :D

    hey you, i've just given you an award! :D
    see it here: http://kikayandkulayfool.blogspot.com/2011/11/blog-award-my-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always found tango as such an artistic and passionate form of dance! Kudos to them! :)

    ♥ Cat
    www.sinosicat.com

    PS. Hey! Join my first giveaway! CLICK ME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow great event! I love dancing next to fashion, hehe. :) I'm a ballet dancer since I was 5 years old. Looks like you enjoyed the event! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had fun and wow, congratulations! Kinilig naman ako, we were the first one who were able to invite you for a bloggers event. Thanks for being game and for attending!

    Oh, Let's TANGO FIRE na!! :)

    Those of you who would want to purchase tickets, just holla! :)

    ReplyDelete