Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Lookbook.nu Look: Meet Me in Elizabethtown

When it comes to moviemaking, there are only very few people that I absolutely adore with a passion - and one of them is Cameron Crowe.

As such, he can never do wrong in my eyes. Even if it is something that people call a 'romantic comedy flop', like "Elizabethtown".

And, as such, I scoured the whole universe for the perfect red beanie that would suit my look yet still exude that Claire Colburn vibe.


Claire Colburn has some great lines in "Elizabethtown"; but since Cameron Crowe penned it, that isn't really surprising. :p Sorry. HUGE fan. Please tell me you liked this movie, too. I seem to be part of the minority atm. :(

Anyway, if you know me outside of the blogging world, then you will know that I wear this beanie practically everywhere. However, if I have Kiss Kiss (my DSLR) with me, then it's prolly in my bag protecting it - which is why it hasn't made an appearance on my blog until today. After all, my beanie aside, Kiss Kiss is the only other thing I am inseparable from.

So... this is what I wore to the Majolica Majorca workshop at Marionnaud in Mall of Asia a few weeks ago. I'm not going to blog about the workshop, but I will tell you that I brought Tatie Aquino of Fasche.org with me:

Don't you just love her pants?!??

Mars sadly didn't make it on time, but I did see the fake one! :p

And here was my look of the day in detail - one of my most laid back looks to date, actually! Decided to just spice things up a little bit with extra accessories and my beanie. Hope it worked! :)

cropped jeans from Penshoppe
black leather bootie heels from Nine West

red beanie from Greenhills
starfish cuff from Blue Vanilla
Eiffel Tower necklace, cherry necklace and moon necklace - all from Bangkok

skull belt from Bangkok
boombox ring from Anagon Collection
assorted silver rings from Ireland


Do you ever try to incorporate things that you loved in movies into your own style, too? :)

18 comments:

  1. you definitely always rock the laid back look!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the beanie really suits you :)

    join my birthday giveaway!
    WIN an asian vogue GC, maxi skirt and celeteque products!
    http://fashioneggplant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, i've never seen the show, but the red beanie! and your belt is fantastic!

    [oomph.]
    What's the next line? Help write the story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so cute angel <3 nice beanie, looks good on you :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE your bracelet!!! nice outfit! so laid back and cool! :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post, i love how you combined the movie with your beanie ;) i actually havent seen Elizabethtown!! but its with orlando bloom so i will probably love it like you, dont worry!! :))
    p.s. LOVE your shoes!!
    XOXO Kasia
    http://misskasia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl! Great post! Love your blog! Keep it up! :)
    Please check out mine too and if you like, maybe we can follow each other! <3

    http://makeupandartfreak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the starfish cuff! uber cute but can look glam too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thats a beautiful look! simple but really preppy@! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice outfit, i love the skull belt

    thanks for stopping by my blog, hope you come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello and thanks for your comment!
    I din't like Elisabethtown as a movie but Kirsten's look is nice!
    Of course when I see a look I like I try experinmenting with it!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    I follow you now!
    Miss Starshiny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much! :) Followed you back! :)

    http://makeupandartfreak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That starfish cuff is to die for! very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the lovely comment ;)
    Great post you got there , dare to mixed up some colour ! Cute .

    Anyway, mind following each other on blog ?

    Thanks .
    XX

    ReplyDelete

  15. هل تبحث عن نقل عفش بالرياض رخيص يمكنك الاتصال الان على شركة اعالى الخليج لنقل


    ارخص شركة نقل عفش

    ReplyDelete