Tuesday, November 15, 2011

LazerXtreme: The Ultimate Laser Tag Experience

Photo via Spazzy Newton

I'm going to be completely honest: I don't think I would have any interest in laser tag whatsoever were it not for How I Met Your Mother's Barney Stinson. However, once I did become interested in it, I became quite a bit of a laser tag freak.

Now, this doesn't mean that I went laser tagging every weekend. I simply always had this crazy urge to. (Is that weird?)

Yup. Every time we'd walk by LazerXtreme at Alabang Town Center, I'd suggest going for a game. But, of course, no one ever agreed to spontaneously laser tag it with me. My friends simply aren't as cool as me. What else can I say? :p

That's why, when Marianne Matic of Not Your Ordinary Beautyqueen invited me to try out LazerXtreme for free, I put on my most laser tag friendly outfit, braved the commute to Market Market in Fort Bonifacio with the babydaddy and got ready to bring everybody else down with my then-non-existent laser tagging skills.



Little did I know that November 3 would go down in history as one of the most fun (and most tiring) days of my life.

Although other bloggers weren't able to come due to it being a weekday and the fact that there was another event going on elsewhere, I had a blast with the other dozen people I went laser tagging with - not including those lil kids who decided to join in at the last minute and kicked out butts, though... they kicked our butts. So embarrassing!

Our group of laser taggers.
Picture taken from Not Your Ordinary Beautyqueen.

The bloggers with the LazerXtreme people - thank you so much for having me! :) The first thing they commented on was my outfit. Apparently, I completely looked the part! Haha.

(left) The "dining area" at LazerXtreme. Food for cheap!
(right) Taking a photo next to the storm trooper on the poster - outfit post next time!



The events room. That's right. You can celebrate your birthday at LazerXtreme or have a team-building event or have a school outing or just have some fun with your friends if you want!


Before playing the game, there's an instructional video on how to use the laser tag guns. I was too excited to pay attention to it, though, so I ended up firing at people the wrong way for the first 5 minutes of the game. :(

After the instructional video, we got to choose our teams. We could either play everyone-against-everyone-else or play by teams. We played by teams.

Guess which color we chose? :p PINK, of course! So pretty. Once you have chosen your weapon of choice, you activate it and find out what your username is for the game. I was hoping to be Frodo, but ended up getting the name Elijah. Haha. Close enough, right?


And so the battle begun.

And we sucked. Haha. I think our team came in last? I blame it on the lil crazy expert kids who played with us and kept killing me and the fact that I had no idea how to work the gun until 5 minutes in and the fact that this was the most exercise I had had in MONTHS.

No. Seriously. We all came out sweaty and tired after just 15 minutes of laser tag. And to think, I was complaining at first and asking "Only 15 minutes?!??" Well, 15 minutes is enough. Trust me.

I have pictures of the room itself where we played, but they simply don't do the place justice. In real life, the game is really fast-paced and the paint on the walls is glowing and it's just... mesmerizing and downright awesome. Think Star Trek meets Counterstrike. Boom.

Us, after the game. I seriously think they should have a photobooth or a photographer take pictures after each game. I 
would totally pay for souvenir photos.


After the game, we all got a scorecard (don't ask what my score was - it was bad! :p) and the one with the highest score got free iced tea!

Naturally, that was Michael, Mar's cousin. Who killed me. Multiple times. See, every time you get shot, you're out for like 6 seconds. And he'd just follow me around and wait for the 6 seconds to end to kill me again.

Yes. I'm full of excuses today, I'm afraid. But fear not. One day, I shall have my revenge! Bwahahahaha.

Ahem. Anyway, overall, LazerXtreme was an experience that can really only be described with one word: LEGEN... wait for it... DARY. LEGENDARY.

So... who wants to laser tag it with me? :)

To find out more about the different packages and games that LazerXtreme has to offer (they also have Laser Maze and GolfXtreme!), visit their website here. You can also follow LazerXtreme on Twitter and like them on Facebook.

17 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Sigh.. I missed this awesome chance with you guys! Let's go, Angel!! LazerXtreme tayo soon! ♥ And btw, I LOVE WHAT YOU WORE! ☺

    Xoxo,
    Arnie
    http://arnievillanueva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same thoughts when I played before, 15 minutes actually seemed long enough! Bongga pawis afterward. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend has been bugging me to try it. Meron akong GCs from Blogapalooza, I just hope they'd honor them at Market Market! ATC is so far from our place kasi :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your are so cute... I love your leggins!

    www.brooklynroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. gret post as always! You are so lucky to have been there! It's my dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey combat girl! hahaha! it was such a great experience!! Lets have one again soon! I ATC maybe? hahaha ;) You'll never know! Thanks for joining, Love!


    Not Your Ordinary Beauty Queen - Davidoff's Champion ENERGY - Knockout Giveaway! & Eight Weeks Of Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg! mukhang ang fun :DD i wanna try it sana meron pa some other time . LOL :))and ill try to ask you to be my date :D HAHA!

    lalalalove <3
    --ROXY
    thebabyrebel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha so funny how I met your mother.

    Your blog is great. I think you'll like my blog.

    Want to follow each other?

    http://sophlife.blogspot.com/

    Xox Soph

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sayang d ako pumunta dito :( Tried this before and grabe and magandang exercise sya! and I LOVE YOUR SHOES! DM's or Asian Vogue? :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I had the same experience too the first time I tried it. My friends and I came out all sweaty and we didn't even realize it until there was normal light :)) Pero nabitin ako. Haha. And yeah, lil kids kicked our butts too XD

    If there'd be a lazertag event in ATC, please please invite me! Hehehe :D Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great laser tag center! We love looking at and sharing ideas across the laser tag community. You facility looks great. Check out our laser tag company at http://www.EquinoxLaserTag.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went laser-tagging last June with my former teammates also in LazerXtreme in Market! Market! and I had sooooooo much fun! I felt like I worked out after every round.

    ReplyDelete
  13. CO2 Lasers can work in the ceaseless wave (CW) mode or a beat mode. HISPEED LASER

    ReplyDelete
  14. 3D has also proven its worth in different industries. It has been used in making futuristic films 3d laser scanning survey Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really appreciate you sharing this article post. Much thanks again. Much obliged.
    laser trimming machine to buy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I appreciate you sharing this blog post. Really looking forward to read more. Great.
    get laser trimming online

    ReplyDelete