Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Island Basics Pink Pomelo Body Butter Review

I don't know about you, but I'm a go-green / choose all-natural products kinda gal - especially when it comes to skin products. I mean, our body absorbs everything that we put on our skin, after all, so why slather it with chemicals that don't have any benefits in the long run, right?


Well, I have good news for you: thanks to Gellie Abogado of So Gelleesh, I was able to collaborate with the non-profit organization KMBI and try out several Island Basics products in conjunction with them. First up: the Island Basics Pink Pomelo Body Butter!



I don't know about you, but I love strong-smelling body butter, so the pink pomelo body butter is perfect for me. :) The minute I opened it, the sweet smell of pomelo wafted through the air - so yummy!


I have actually been using this Island Basics body butter since Philippine Fashion Week and I can honestly say that it keeps my skin super smooth. Unlike other body butters that I've tried in the past, its cream is rich and intensive and provides great fruit-scented moisturizing for my normally dry skin.


Other Pros:


- The texture is very creamy and is easily absorbed by the skin.

- It has the goodness of vitamin E and shea butter in it.

- I only need to use small scoops of it to moisturize my entire body and keep my post-pregnancy stretch marks at bay.

- Even though the pomelo scent is quite strong at first, the smell is quickly absorbed by the body and vanishes after ten minutes or so.


The Cons:


- The scent might be too strong for some people.


Overall rating: 4 stars out of 5.


Apparently, the smell of pomelo is meant to uplift and calm the senses, but I can't wait to try the other Island Basic body butters, too: the revitalizing Green Tea and Mint one, the anti-aging Olive one, and the nourishing Goat's Milk and Vanilla one. And guess what? They only cost P150 each!



Do check out the Island Basics website to see their growing selection of all-natural bath, body and home care products. You are sure to find something that will fit your personal lifestyle and needs at very affordable prices.


You know what else is great? Until January 2012, Island Basics will give one peso per item sold to the "Piso para sa KMBI" project, which will help KMBI fund various environmental initiatives. So far, KMBI has already undertaken river clean ups, recycling, urban gardening, clean up drives, tree and mangrove planting, and waterways de-clogging.


To find out more about KMBI, visit their website here. I support them wholeheartedly. You should, too.

9 comments:

  1. Pomelo is one of my favorite fruits and I definitely love its scent! :)

    Like you I prefer using organic products more when it comes to skincare. I haven't tried Island Basics products before but I do love Cyleina and Human ♥ Nature :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using body butter. I have one from Body Shop and it smells so good!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. Hope you'll stop by again and follow me if you like :)

    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING x
    HANDBAG GIVEAWAY, enter here...
    http://iwasanuglyduckling.blogspot.com/2011/11/handbag-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. is your background new? I love the layout of your blog...

    I wish i could try island basics one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love anything that smells yummy and the pomelo body butter sure smells great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab review!
    Must try it in vanilla!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting! Thanks for the review. I'll look for this one..

    Hope everyone can join my advance birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a HUGE fan of Go Green and All-natural products too! It's the best. Body Butters are amazing. The Green Tea one sounds good!

    P.S. Thanks for the holiday greeting!

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete