Wednesday, November 23, 2011

About the Bag: A Love Story


Have you ever experienced love at first sight?

I have. The minute I set my eyes on the sequined Union Jack clutch from Accessorize, I knew I had to have it. Of course, as with every "love affair" I've had, though, I knew that I couldn't just jump straight into things. After all, I had to think about how much I'd have to give up for it first and I had to think about whether going for it would really be worth it in the end.


So I left the shop without purchasing it.

It's not just a clutch, either...

...it's a sling, too!

Have you ever been in a long distance relationship?

I have. After leaving Accessorize without the Union Jack clutch in my hands, I found myself dreaming about it for days on end. I longed for it. I missed it. I wanted to see it again.


Unfortunately, when I went back to Accessorize for it, it was out of stock. In fact, it was out of stock in the traditional colors that I wanted in all of my accessible Accessorize branches (Mall of Asia, Alabang Town Center, Festival Mall and SM Southmall). :( My memories of that time are vague, but I think I might have cried. After all, I had been away from my one true love for so long already and who knows when we would see each other again - or even if we would ever see each other again.

I tried to move on. I even tried to make it work with the golden version of the clutch, but we just didn't go well together the way the traditional colored clutch and I did.


Do you believe in fate?

I do. When I got invited to the Accessorize: All about Bags event, thoughts of the Union Jack clutch were far from my mind. In fact, you could say I suppressed the memory of it so as not to mope or cry about it anymore.

So, who would've thought that we would meet again in the most random places of places: on a couch in SM North Edsa's Persia Grill? And the best part is that I was able to grab the clutch before any of the other 20 or so bloggers were able to steal it away from me. MINE!


Do you believe in soulmates?

I do. People say: "If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be." Well, I guess Dawson and I really are meant to be, then (yes, I named it Dawson). Don't we just look perfect together? :)

With matching foot pop pa yan!
Can you say "fairy tale ending"? :p

Stay tuned for the wedding! ;)

And oh, don't forget to visit your favorite Accessorize branch before the end of the month to avail of 50% off of selected bags at their All about Bags sale! There's one more week left. Hurry!

22 comments:

  1. Great bag! And what a nice bag collection you have.=) Just found your blog and I really like it. You just got a new follower.

    http://kashaysblogg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Yes I have also experienced love at first sight with a bag (my latest purchase, the Celine Cabas!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post about your "love affair" with this Union Jack clutch, Angel!! :') Sweet lang! ♥♥

    Xoxo,
    Arnie
    http://arnievillanueva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your post, Angel! Sige na nga, I forgive you na for getting that clutch haha, miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, what a cute love story! The clutch/sling bag is fabulous. :]

    P.S. I will definitely try laser tag soon. Thanks for the tip!

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
  6. this post5 is so cute! it is so well written and it made me laugh because i totally feel the same way whenever i find something i really want in a shop :)

    x


    shopstyleconquer.blogspot.com
    shopstyleconquer.blogspot.com
    shopstyleconquer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww what a cute post!! so well written! :D haha so in the end how did you get it? just picked it up from the couch? ;) ;P
    XOXO Kasia
    http://misskasia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this post is sooooo cute. i really love a happy ending! congrats of finding "him" again! aw..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the clutch! :) True, Accessorize does have lots of nice stuff! Still kinda pricey for a student like me, but someday, I'll treat myself to something nice in that store. Hihi. :)

    Btw, come join my giveaway! It's up na, yay!
    http://carlareadstheworld.blogspot.com/2011/11/carlas-closet-first-anniversary.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. that bag is definitely sooo fabulous! :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cave in and bought the bag. You do know most of us hated you a tiny bit for grabbing this at the event right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice bag. I want one myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great bag and a great clutch! And my bag has a lot more stuff in it than yours.I like your bag love story.
    Blue Clutch Purse

    ReplyDelete