Wednesday, October 26, 2011

PFW S/S 2012: L'Oreal Presents Michael Cinco

May I just start by saying that my photos do not do this collection justice at all?

For starters, I brought the wrong lens, so instead of zooming into the action, I was zooming out of it. Major fail on my part. It didn't help that I was sitting next to Kaye of The Style Flux who had her awesome camera and awesome lens at the ready and I could hear her shutter clicking and clicking and clicking away.

It didn't help that we were seated quite far back, either. But hey, it was my first Philippine Fashion Week experience. I was there to make mistakes and learn from them, right? Positivity is a go! :) Haha.

Here are some (rather lame) glimpses of what the show had to offer. You can click on the pictures for a bigger and better(?) view:


The collection was filled with elegant designs and flawless details.

Despite the Egyptian look and feel of some of the dresses, they weren't over-the-top or gaudy in any way.

Even the men's clothes worked well with the accessories used in the show.

Yellow is my favorite color. I'm just saying. WANT.

These dresses are some of my favorites. The details of the skirt on the left and the sleeves on the right? To die for!

Naturally, Anne Curtis - brand ambassador of L'Oreal - also strutted down the runway. And in a gorgeous crimson red gown, to boot. Of course, I was only able to get decent back shots and side view shots of it. Such is my luck, I'm afraid!


Claire James, of America's Next Top Model Cycle 10 fame, also walked for the show and was a huge part of the finale. I was mesmerized by the waterworks used. Inspired!!!

There really is no wonder why Michael Cinco won the global WGSN's Breakthrough Designer of the Year award. His collection was breath-taking and his show was completely inspired - and inspiring. I always thought I wanted a wedding dress from Elie Saab, but now I'm getting tempted to go local and opt for a Michael Cinco creation instead. :)

Anyway, this is the first show that I saw during Philippine Fashion Week and all I can say is that Michael Cinco definitely raised the bar for the rest of the shows. I don't think I'll like any of the other shows as much as this one. It was absolutely mind-blowing. Thank you so much for the invite, Michael Cinco! I can't wait to see what you have to offer on Saturday now. :)

To see better photos of this collection, please visit Kaye's blog post about it at The Style Flux here. :)

6 comments:

  1. I am sooo sad that I wasn't able to watch this one nor will I be able to watch the Saturday show! :( But I am drooling just by looking at the photos. I really like the dress with the filipiniana-like shoulders and the camel-ish/tan-ish dress with the lines detailing. :) By the way, I live near ATC too! We should meet up and have coffee or something some time! :)

    ♥♥ Megann of STYLE SURGERY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Lucky you! I'm only watching some shows and i missed this one. We are both first timers on this so I feel you darling! the shots are alright, dont worry about it :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for giving me invites for the Cinco show babe. I was completely goin gaga and sad knowing I wouldn't have access to his show a week before. Then when u tweeted that someone got the extra tix u had I just died. Thank u sooo super much for scoring me a ticket for his show. He's my insipration that's why I'm in fashion school. I was in deep awe after watching it for like half of my night. I have a video of his walk with all the glitter dusts. I love CINCO~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's awesome! Lucky you to have been to that Philippine Fashion Week.. Been anticipating to be there but still I didn't make it! :((

    -MC

    ReplyDelete
  5. truly he raised the bar so high for pfw this time.. amazing show! thank you for the invite :)

    ReplyDelete