Monday, October 17, 2011

Kultura Filipino: Holiday Collection

Last Wednesday (October 12, 2011), I was able to attend the exclusive preview of Kultura Filipino's Holiday Collection at SM Makati, thanks to Jen of Shopgirl Jen.


As always, I was early - so early, in fact, that I had time to grab some Starbucks elsewhere and still make it to SM before the place opened. When I got there, I was greeted by a plethora of Christmas goodies.


I want to buy these candle holders and use them as accessory holders so baaaaad!


Can you feel the Christmas spirit yet?

Of course, aside from the Christmassy stuff, Kultura Filipino also had items that would make for great, unique Christmas gifts.

Pretty decorative shells and shell clocks, for example.

Very Filipino, huh? :)

We were also entertained with Christmas songs by unique Filipino bands in Filipino-proud outfits. I was literally amazed by them.

Of course, the event wouldn't be complete without meeting up with other bloggers. Here they are with their OOTDs:




Jen (Thanks for the invite!)

Met her for the first time!

We meet again! Haha. Sorry for my lack of height that day.

And me! :)

Here are more photos of the pretty bloggers who were there that day:

The ladies that Jen invited - minus me.

Arnie of Raid My Closet, me, and Denise of Simone's Fashion Closet.
Met these lovely ladies for the first time, too, but I've been a follower of Denise's for a while now. :)



Okay, blogger vanity shots over and back to the event. We were also able to enjoy brunch, including these mini pandesals that I found extremely adorable:


This was then followed up with a long chika session. :p

That aside, though, Kultura Filipino also has a section called Crafts for a Cause, which supports livelihood projects and, for me, that was personally the best section in Kultura.

Not only did I see these adorable mini jeeps and dirty ice cream carts made out of Heineken and Red Horse cans:



But I also saw bracelets and bags made out of...


SODA CAN PULL TABS!!!

I'm sorry, but these are just so me. If you knew me in high school, you would know that I had an assortment of bracelets made out of safety pins and keychains made out of soda can pull tabs, so it only makes sense that these really caught my fancy.

They were made by the families in the dumpsites of Tondo, Manila. So pretty! You should really check out what else they have at Kultura. You might find something there that is so you, too. :)

Kultura Filipino stores can be found at SM Mall of Asia, SM City Cebu, SM Megamall, SM Makati, SM City North Edsa and selected SM department stores.

1 comment:

  1. the bag looks sooo adorable, but is it heavy? around how much yun ganon sis?

    ReplyDelete