Thursday, October 20, 2011

Freeway x Manansala Launch

If there is one thing in life that I am absolute rubbish at, it's art. In fact, just the thought of having to draw stick figures or rainbows is enough to make me puke or pass out. No joke.

Because of this lack of artistic skills at drawing, painting, sculpting, etc., though, I always end up being in awe whenever I see art that truly matters - and that is exactly what happened at the Freeway x Manansala launch.


The Freeway x Manansala launch occurred last Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at The Row, Glorietta 5 where a ton of beautiful people bonded over food, fashion and, of course, art.


I went with Keigh of Delishoes Servings and Ava of Artsy Fartsy Ava and we sadly arrived half an hour late, so we weren't able to get our caricatures done... iSad. :( But, hey, I got to try Serenitea, thanks to Keigh, my milk tea introducer! :)

(left) me, not wearing my Anagon headband yet! - outfit post another time...
(right) Ava in her trademark colorful outfit

Upon arriving at the venue, we were greeted by a slew of bloggers and a vast array of delicious food. Since the program wasn't actually starting yet after we ate, I decided to walk around and take pictures of the clothes and the people.

beautiful Freeway x Manansala creations

(left) Keigh and me
(right) Megann from Style Surgery and Keigh


the men's section - hot!


more items from the Manansala collection - LOVE the shirt on the right... DIBS!

the beautiful people I was sitting with:
(back) Tatie from fasche.org, Keigh and Ava
(front) Jonver(?), Tracy and Vern from A Shoe Tale

Spotted (from left): Isha from Psychedelic Me, Arnie from Raid My Closet and Kei from Kei's Lifestyle Closet

Spotted: (left) Earth, (right) Micah and Erika

And now onto the event!

Tim Yap and Divine Lee

The event was hosted by Tim Yap and Divine Lee who were both wearing Manansala outfits. Divine also added STUNNING Kermit Tesoro skull shoes to her ensemble, which I. Must. Have. NOW.

After that, we were treated to a powerpoint presentation of the history of the life of Vicente Manansala, a man of wise words, pure talent and persistence. (He courted his wife for seven whole years - can you believe that?)

And then the most awaited moment of the night came: the fashion show itself. There are actually 22 unique pieces to this collection, including dresses, tops, watches, bags and accessories, but here is a sneak preview of what you can expect from the collection for now:








This is the sixth installment of Freeway's National Artist Collectors' Series and will be available in stores tomorrow! I personally can't wait for the men's collection to come out in November. Would love to see the babydaddy wear the jacket that Tim Yap was wearing that night. As for me, I'm off to the malls on Saturday to grab a Manansala bag, fan and top myself, as well as a pair of shorts and trousers from Freeway itself. Can't wait! :)

We also got a personalized swag bag from Freeway, which I was completely blown away by. Not only did each of our bags come with our name on it, but they were sealed with chopsticks, too.



Isn't the mouse pad beautiful? I actually don't use a mouse anymore, but this is definitely going on my wall!

Oh, and before I go, here's a cute pic that I was able to snap of Divine Lee:


Thanks to Freeway for having me! Make sure you visit their website, like them on Facebook, and follow them on Twitter. Looking forward to more events with you! :)

Which items from the collection struck your fancy? :) I'd love to hear your thoughts on it! :)

2 comments:

  1. I want a picture with the anagon head piece!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome event! Everyone looked amazing. I like the dress with the (i hate to say it like this), but the rectangle squares on the front of it. It is awesome! Great networking! :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/2011/10/feelin-crafty.html

    ReplyDelete