Monday, September 26, 2011

The Nestle Fitnesse Diet


A lot of people have been asking me about the Nestle Fitnesse diet that I went on. I lost 2kg on the first two weeks of following it and I still follow it as much as possible to this day - though not as strictly anymore unless I need to lose weight for something.

Please do keep in mind that results may vary, though, depending on how seriously you take the program and what your metabolism and activity levels are like.

Here is a simple breakdown of what my daily diet consisted of:

Breakfast:
1 bowl of Nestle Fitnesse cereal with low-fat milk
1 piece of fruit
1 cup of coffee

What I usually do is change things up during the week. I chop up a banana and put it in my bowl of cereal, for example, or I simply munch on an apple or have a cup of sliced pineapples. Sometimes, I even splurge on a peach or an apricot if I feel like I've been following my diet well.

As for the coffee, Starbucks counts, but it has to be a tall non-fat iced drink. No frappuccinos. No cream. Did you know that a regular frappuccino can have up to 650 calories in it, while an iced drink only has around 90? Chyeah.

Lunch:

Rice or bread
Some vegetables
Some dairy
Some meat OR an egg

Since I don't eat rice, I opt for whole wheat bread everyday. As for everything else, again, I change things up during the week depending on what I feel like. The key is to stay away from anything fried and to try and not count ice cream or chocolate as the dairy bit.

Dinner:

1 bowl of Nestle Fitnesse cereal with low-fat milk
Some vegetables
1 cup of non-fat or low-fat yogurt

Dinner is supposed to be the lightest meal of the day anyway, so depending on how lazy I am, I sometimes scrap the vegetables and the yogurt altogether. Or, when I run out of yogurt, I have some fruit instead. :)

That's it! Easy, huh? And, as you can see, it doesn't really skimp on anything so you won't end up craving random things.

Now that I have reached my ideal weight, though, I only follow this diet one to three times a week and just make sure I watch my calorie intake for the rest of it. If I follow it for three to five times a week, I end up giving myself a cheat day or even a cheat weekend where I can eat practically everything I want.

Again: it all depends on you and what works for your body. Feel free to ask questions if you have any. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment