Sunday, September 11, 2011

Joanna Ampil in "The Sound of Music" This October

Don't hit me, but I was never a huge Disney fan until "Aladdin" came out. Before that, I was in love with one movie alone: "The Sound of Music". Yes, "The Sound of Music" was the movie that I would watch over and over and over again until my parents would get fed up and just lock me in a room where I could watch the double-VHS tapes in peace and they wouldn't have to hear the songs anymore.


When my dad got posted to Germany, I even begged him to take me to The Sound of Music tour in Salzburg. And, although it was a while away, he took me. Thus is the power of a youngest daughter's obsession. Lol.


So, imagine my utter joy when I headed over to Resorts World for the Mango F/W 2011 fashion show and saw this sign:



And then imagine my utter surprise when I saw that my very own aunt, Joanna Ampil, will be starring as Maria. Funnily enough, I actually ran into her on my way to Starbucks after the fashion show:

with my beautiful aunt Joanna


Yup. She's on the steps of Resorts World. So surreal. She also has a cutout in the Plaza, but I don't have a picture.

Anyway, here is a sneak peek at what you can expect from the show:






Please support my aunt and watch the show. Thanks! :)

1 comment: