Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Movie Review: Friends with Benefits


It's hard not to like "Friends with Benefits", especially if you're a sucker for Mila Kunis and naked male butts like I am. Yes. You get to see Justin's sexy naked male butt in this. And his sexy abs. He's looking great. Yum.


via Sassy Mama in LA


ANYways… Aside from that, though, it was a little hard for me to decide whether this is in the hit or miss category. For one, I love the cast, the dialogue, the music, the cameos and the way everyone talks so fast, it's like they're trying to run towards a finish line aka the end of the movie.


But, on the other hand, I've already seen a movie with an incredibly similar storyline that I absolutely LOVED to bits - and, let's face it: in my eyes, "No Strings Attached" cannot be won over (which, coincidentally enough, stars the other half of "Black Swan", Natalie Portman). Not even by something that includes Justin's sexy naked male butt.


via K8


Anyway, what I probably hated the most about this rom-com is that it tries to poke fun at other rom-coms while being an actual rom-com itself. (Did that make sense?) I mean, in the beginning, they're making fun of Hollywood movies and how life isn't like that, so they decide to go against the norm and become friends with benefits. And then, all of a sudden, they try to turn their own lives into a Hollywood movie? What? I just didn't get it. I don't know. Maybe it's just me.


And another thing: it was far too long for a regular rom-com. Rom-coms are supposed to be light and funny and over-before-I-get-sick-of-it-please. This one lasted 100+ minutes. Wow.


But never mind all that. Did I mention that you'll get to see Justin's sexy naked male butt in this? Coz you'll get to see Justin's sexy naked male butt in this. Mmmm…


Overall rating: 3.5 stars out of 5 (an extra .5 coz of Justin's butt).


P.S. There are outtakes at the very end of the credits, but nothing worth waiting for.

2 comments:

  1. Ack, I haven't seen either of the two! I suck. Haha.

    WOW I'm totally jealous that you lived in Baguio - plus with "inside access" pa to Manor! I srsly love it there. Well, the rain did get pretty scary and the temperatures dropped to unimaginable levels, but we survived! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't seen both movies but i'm in love both with natalie portman and mila kunis. hehehe! maybe i'll watch these over dvds :)

    ReplyDelete