Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Kristen Stewart as Snow White: Are You Excited?

I'm not a big Twilight fan, but my brother is and I know how sad he is that the last installment is coming up because he loves Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, for some reason. Well, it looks like Kristen has been keeping herself busy with a new movie: Snow White. That's right. She is playing Snow White.


Now, when I first heard about this, I was quite intrigued. I'm not a big fan of Kristen Stewart, but I could definitely visualize her as the pale-skinned, red-lipped fairy tale princess, so I was excited to see what Hollywood would come up with for her. Then I heard that Charlize Theron was playing the Evil Queen and Chris Hemsworth was playing the Huntsman, and my heart could hardly contain its excitement anymore.


But then I saw this picture:



Not knocking the movie before I actually see it, but I saw 'Red Riding Hood' and I wasn't exactly jumping up and down after I saw that in the cinema. In fact, I was utterly disappointed because I was excited to see it when I saw the trailers. Judging by these pictures, Snow White seems to be going down that same route. When I heard the words "Kristen Stewart is playing Snow White", I thought I'd be seeing a movie along the lines of Kristin Kreuk's Snow White movie. Where is the fairy tale feel of it all? Where is the beauty? Most importantly: where is the classic Disney fairy tale - like dress that I was imagining seeing Kristen Stewart in???


Well, apparently, Hollywood will be having a similar take to the Disney movie, but this isn't the one. No, the one Kristin Stewart is in is called 'Snow White and the Huntsman' and it will be nothing like the Disney movie.


I'm a little sad that they're going down this modernized, non-fairy-tale like version since it would have been nice to see Kristen Stewart as a girly girl for a change. I actually think she'd look gorgeous if given the right makeover.


What are your thoughts on this? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment